Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 09:26 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faroese Wonderkid Joins SSL
Eyebrows have been raised at the arrival of a new striker to the Simulation Soccer League, especially due to the interesting nationality the player holds. Teitur Justinussen is from the town of Klaksvik in the Faroe Islands, a country that hasn't produced any notable international players since joining FIFA in 1989. The highest level a player from the country played at was the German Bundesliga (Joan Simun Edmundsson played a single season for Arminia Bielefeld), but Justinussen is looking to change that. The 6 foot 2 inch tall, 215 pound striker looks to be more of a target forward with his size and strength, but is a surprisingly mobile player for his height. When asked about his decision to leave his hometown team KI to join the SSL, Justinussen was pretty frank. "I want to test myself amongst the best players in the world, and while I loved my time at KI and got to play in the Europa Conference League, the SSL is a different beast, and some of the best players worldwide play in the league. I think I can become the best player I can be while playing in the league, and I can't wait to get started." Eyes will be on Justinussen as he looks to establish himself as a top center-forward.