Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 03:57 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Matchday 2: Top Plays
Hey here are some fun plays I enjoyed from Match Day Two. Not in order of most to least "toppity" or overall "topiness" just chronological. Leave a reply if you want to discuss your favorite of the bunch, or if I left a deserving entry off the ballot (is there an option to include a poll with an article?). Hyperlinks to the timestamp of the action in the play title, give them each a click they all deserve a closer look in my opinion. Finally, apologies for any names I garbled or omitted, still getting familiar with the cast of characters here. And now without further ado:

Corner To Corner
Klose's corner service doesn't make it past the first defender, but he collects and unleashes a cracker to the corner of goal.
[Image: image.png]

On a Platter
Whittingham puts an excellent cross in and Maximilano heads it home.

In Rapid Succession
Multiple players contribute to this goal finished off with a beautiful one-time cross and volley home.

Around the Horn
Off a corner, a pretty series of passes unlocks not an easy shot, but an impressive goal from Franco Torres.

Fast Break
Off a turnover a series of well placed passes with a beautiful through ball to set up a fantastic finish.

Under Pressure
Neuer faced an onslaught of shots on goal particularly from an early series of corners. This goal saving leap earns the highlight reel for the keeper.

Oh Yeah!
A beautiful cross sets up a dramatic finish. Goddamn does his best Kool-Aid man impression bursting between two defenders to finish with a header.

Ping Pong and Gone
Another set piece goal I enjoyed this back and forth set of passes to enable another Goddamn goal.

There you have it. I feel bad defensive plays are less photogenic, I wanted to include an entry from the União São Paulo keeper just for withstanding the tremendous amount of shots they faced, I guess player of the match on a 9.0 rating after giving up 10 goals is reward enough.