Forum Clock: 2024-10-01 23:32 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Academy Task 5: A way too early S18 mock draft!
This is my way too early S18 mock draft. I hope this counts for the Academy task as one of the points says to analyze the current draft class. Technically, S18 is the most current one so I think it should apply. Regardless, this is my initial thoughts into how it could shake out.

Disclaimer that I know hardly anything about soccer and have never played FM24 so I don’t know what could make one player better than another. My knowledge of soccer comes from drunkenly playing FIFA with friends and doing our own World Cup gaming sessions.

Alright, let’s get started. I’m using the same draft order that was used for S17 as I have no idea who should be good or not this season. Also if I’m missing anyone, I’m sorry. I can’t find a good way to see all who is in this class.

1.USP União São Paulo - Benecio Aguilera III - GK - CROney3
Wow, the person who made this mock has themselves going 1oa? You bet your ass. Even though it means I’d be teammates with Roquefort, there’s no way USP passes up on the best player in the class who also plays the most important position.

2.CFCat CF Catalunya - Ron Wince - CDM - TwoSocks
TwoSocks is a terrible Town of Salem player (sorry for those that don’t get that reference) but as of my latest research, he is leading this class in TPE. That’s not something that CFCat is going to let slip by.

3.BA CA Buenos Aires - Julian Rubio - ST - donut
From what I can tell, donut is a power user and knows what they’re doing. From my FIFA days, I do know that a good striker can help the offensive aggression, so I assume that a good striker is important here as well. Slam dunk pick for Buenos Aires.

4.TSC Tokyo S.C. - Bartholomew Twinkletoes - GK - lock180
As mentioned previously, GK is obviously the most important position so Tokyo would be fools to pass up on the next best GK in this class. Lock is a glutton for punishment so and will surely be writing amazing media to pump up that bank account. With a name like Twinkletoes, you have to believe they have top 5 potential here.

5.HFC Hollywood FC - Mr Clean-sheet - GK - MikeyKnuckelz
A newer user in the ISFL, Mikey is now creating at the most important position in the SSL. Mr Clean-sheet is a super character name as he’ll certainly have many clean sheets (I assume this means no goals) and that sounds like something that a team would covet. Hollywood might just erect a Mr Clean-sheet sign on the hill next to the famous Hollywood sign after they draft Mikey.

6.ACR A.C. Romana - Sweeper the Keeper - GK - Maxboi
Last of the current goalkeepers, but certainly not least, Sweeper happily gets snapped up by Romana near the end of the 1st. Have I mentioned that goalkeeper is the most important position? I’ve certainly talked myself into it by now, so I’m going to roll with it. And with a user name of Maxboi, you know he’ll be a max earner. Romana runs up to the podium to announce this pick as they can’t let Sweeper get swept away.

7.SFV Schwarzwälder FV - Thomas Hohenhahn - ST - norththegreatestshowman
SFV definitely needs to make sure the last striker in this class doesn’t get past them. Hohenhahn will display their skills for Sydney City in the Academy and they know exactly the top player they’ll get here. With the run on goalkeepers happening, they’ll happily take one of the better users in this class.

8.RKV Reykjavik United - Daryl McManus - CM - cake307
The last pick of the 1st round goes to another Sydney City player. Weird how that works out! The top CM of the class makes their way to Reykjavik and they couldn’t be happier to bring this user in. I’m pretty sure whoever drafts Daryl is hoping that their user shows up to the locker room with, well, cake!

9.USP União São Paulo - Jordan Bamford - RD - Bamford13
Probably the worst pick USP could make here as that means I’d be teammates with both Roque and Bamford. Also I couldn’t let Bamford be a 1st round pick in my mock, just on principle. So they take what they think is the best player on the board and since they’re now my GM’s, I just gotta trust.

10.CFCat CF Catalunya - Alex Calderon - CD - amidships
With the first user to post their Academy #5 task, amidships puts every team on notice. But he slips to the 2nd round since I couldn’t sneak in a CD’s nutz joke in for a 1st round pick. Best CD in the class goes to Catalunya in round 2, and they couldn’t be happier.

11.BA CA Buenos Aires - Kel Varnson - LM - LumosityFan
Yet another Sydney City champion (that’s called foreshadowing) gets drafted. Lumosity had a player here before so Buenos Aires gets a familiar face and the best LM in this class. Don’t look that he’s currently the only LM in this class.

12.TSC Tokyo S.C. - Andres Pedrillo - CM - anuragb
Andres takes a short trip from Sydney to Tokyo to find their new home. Tokyo is stoked to get user anuragb who has been very active in the chats. They know the quality of CM’s is getting thin after Daryl McManus was picked, so they had to get one of the few good ones remaining.

13.HFC Hollywood FC - Leandro Dybala - CAM - HonoredMexican
A goalkeeper then a CAM to start their draft means big things for Hollywood. They want to control the ball and flow of the game, hoping Leandro can dictate how a game goes but is also capable of producing some magic on their own.

14.ACR A.C. Romana - Elijah Cohen - CAM - dynamicmlb_42
Romana sees what Hollywood is doing and wants to make sure they keep their edge, so they ALSO take a CAM here after taking a goalkeeper in round 1. Elijah will be able to step in early to help bring Romana to the title match sooner rather than later.

15.SFV Schwarzwälder FV - Dina Skovgaard - RD - RAmenAmen
After going with a striker in round 1, SFV takes the first of the Skovgaard members to defend the back half of the pitch. Offense then defense, zagging while other teams are zigging is what keeps SFV as a contender. Absolute amazing pick at this point of the draft.

16.RKV Reykjavik United - Charlie Chambers - CD - Rich
The last pick of the 2nd round is another defender. An SHL user that’s already doing podcasts/videos shouldn’t slip this late but the (current) reigning champs are happy to snatch him up with this pick!

From here on out, I won’t be giving commentary on the picks but am trying to see what I think each team could go with.

17.USP União São Paulo - Sam Volta - RM - Tripl3tsGamer
18.CFCat CF Catalunya - George Shaheen - CD - Jiggy
19.BA CA Buenos Aires - Benny Blanco - LD - Deng
20.TSC Tokyo S.C. - Rodiano Santori - RAM - njbadapple
21.HFC Hollywood FC - Rigby Emerson - RAM - thelastheraclid
22.ACR A.C. Romana - Aleksandr Skovgaard -CM - Faelax
23.SFV Schwarzwälder FV - Caspian Skovgaard - CDM - .Evok
24.RKV Reykjavik United - Florian Gaisberg - CDM - Zerg

25.USP União São Paulo - Chris Williams - RAM - Mikeliut
26.CFCat CF Catalunya - Berit Skovgaard - CD - mer
27.BA CA Buenos Aires - Ben Nelson - CDM - Ben
28.TSC Tokyo S.C. - João Peixoto - CM - zeagle1

And that wraps it up! The way too early S18 mock draft prediction! Hopefully this can give ya’ll some ammo to reply to for TPE!

I couldnt agree more

I couldn't agree less

I'm going first round