Forum Clock: 2024-07-01 17:42 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 2, Chapter 1 Words - 412
Squall sat on the International wing of the Narita Airport, ruminating things. With the new season on arrival, things had once again been on the move. The foxes had seen Shion Okamoto forced out to Catalunya while goalie Pingu Nootazuki was... somewhere, apparently. Even still, for Squall, he mourned the death of his mentor. On one hand, he was able to do the very least and give the poor man some respect on his resting place, a tomb with his name in a local cemetery. It wasn't easy to afford it but it was better than whatever end his body was gonna get. On the other hand, he felt... alone. His teammates had all taken the vacation time to do their own thing and even Rup himself was busy with something.

He kept his usual self-practice but otherwise, he remained in Tokyo. He took the sights, visited some of the wards, hated some of them (Chiyoda, in particular, pissed him off), liked most of them but refrained from doing any more travelling until getting better acquainted with the language. When not travelling, he took walks, kicked a ball repeatedly at the balcony or lifted weights at home. His time alone wouldn't last, however. The noise of wheels took him out of his tracks and the unsure eyes of Ginger found him amidst the group of people arriving from the United States. Even here, the girl seemed a bit worried.

Squall: You look like your plane had a rough trip or something, Ginger.
Ginger: I-It's not that, Squall. The trip was fine. I'm just...
Squall: If you're worried about me, don't. I'm doing fine. Now we need to get you back in action, right?
Ginger: I... suppose, yes. Are you sure you want to help me start an orphanage?
Squall: Well... Sounds like a good way to pay back.
Ginger: Though you were a bad kid back at our orphanage.
Squall: I'm not a kid anymore... And I've been mostly behaving. Mostly.

The two took a cab and before Squall could try and fumble through his directions, Ginger nailed it pretty quickly.

Ginger: You still haven't learned the language, Squall?
Squall: ...I guess. But hey. Now you're here, so you can help me out.

She smirked.

Ginger: Guess that's how I'll repay you for helping with my dream, huh? I can work with that. Can you?
Squall: How did you say it earlier... Oh, I suppose so.

She gave him a light push, causing Squall to laugh. Her presence would probably be good enough to keep him going.