Forum Clock: 2024-07-01 18:01 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Hollywood! Spack Jarrow's Journey: Entry #2
Hello Hollywood!
Spack Jarrow's Journey: Entry #2

Well well well. Look who found himself a team! Oh and what a perfect match, no? Spack Jarrow in Hollywood, California? It was fate!

The last time you heard from me I was talking about making the decision to join the league and my journey to get here, blah, blah, blah. Or yada-yada-yada if the kids are still doing that.

Now I am on a team and the draft zipped right by. So let’s go back and re-visit the experience of being drafted and how I found myself on Hollywood FC.

The interviewing process for this draft was amongst the most relaxed experiences I’ve had so far amongst my short sporting career. I was contacted by representatives of multiple SSL teams and had a lot of great discussions about what they were looking for and what my expectations were. I came away feeling like I had some really solid interviews. Nobody promised that they were taking me but a couple of teams assured me that I was a high priority on their list.

I looked over the rosters and was happy to see that I knew a lot of different people on almost all of the teams. That way regardless of the team that I ended up being drafted by, there would likely be someone who I knew from a previous team or league there to welcome me.

The draft announcement was taking place in some hellscapian timezone which would make sure that I would be half asleep when I found out the results of the draft. I was shocked to see that my alarms did indeed have an “AM” setting but there it was. So I set the alarm on my phone, ipad, and laptop to make sure I didn’t sleep through the announcement.

I slept through the announcement.

Whether I wrote the wrong time down or mixed up the timezones or what, I still don’t know. I do know that I awoke to several messages and invites to my new club. Hollywood FC. Sweet!

It was a message from my new manager who informed me and invited me to join the team. I immediately ignored his welcome message and barged straight into the locker room. I still hadn’t watched the draft video at this point or even knew what position in which I was drafted. I was just happy to be there with my new teammates. In my pajamas and all.

It wasn’t until much later after I was able to catch up on my sleep that I was alerted to the fact that I rudely ignored my new manager's message. Whoops. Stupid rookies. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I wasn’t the only new one to the team as RB Hun Possible and CM Jordan Rossiter joined me on Hollywood FC’s draft floor. There were also some trades which brought in CDM Alfredo Puttanesca and W Hunter Jones. Most recently a late signee, rookie LB Gerald Gerrard was also signed to the club. A member (as well as Jones) who I’ve had positive experiences with in the past in other leagues.

You can feel the electricity in the air around this club and I feel extremely lucky to be a part of it. I’m excited to begin my career with Hollywood FC and work towards becoming one of the most feared CB’s in the game.

Let’s do this!
https://files.jcink.net/uploads2/simsoccer/teamEmotes/HFC.png

[ ARCHIVES ]
Spack Jarrow’s Journey: #002 - Hello Hollywood!
Spack Jarrow’s Journey: #001 - Spack Jarrow's Ego
[Image: 5AfrEy1.png]

https://files.jcink.net/uploads2/simsoccer/teamEmotes/HFC.png We love having you in Hollywood! https://files.jcink.net/uploads2/simsoccer/teamEmotes/HFC.png
[Image: Mikko-Rashford-Sig.gif]