Forum Clock: 2024-07-01 18:10 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 2, Chapter 2 Words - 372
One advantage of no longer living alone was that he wasn't the only one cooking every meal. Ginger was fairly more experienced at that than him and for someone like him, the idea of someone that actually was used to reading cooking books meant not having to eat outside every now and then. Because he wasn't blowing up rice cookers or burning fish to the end. It also helped that this meant he had someone to speak with that actually spoke his language... even though, there were times he wasn't really sure if he wanted to understand what other people said.

Ginger: How did you let them score three goals?
Squall: Well, not like I was literally the only one working on it. And our goalie is... well, y'know.
Ginger: I know he doesn't care but you still should be doing better! Don't you think your team could've at least gotten a draw out of it?

Squall sighed, fumbling around with the food on his plate still.

Ginger: I... I guess I shouldn't be piling on.
Squall: Yeah, that'd be appreciated. Just gotta clear my head, train and then work hard for the next game, simple as that.
Ginger: Hmm... maybe, I should help you.
Squall: Help me with my training? Hah, that's fresh.
Ginger: Hm? Why is it funny for you? Because I'm a girl?
Squall: Not at all. It's funny because ever since we've first met, you've always sucked at sports.

He circled a bit of meat around his plate, grinning.

Ginger: That's not true, like... at all!
Squall: Eh, who came 'round crying that they got hit in the face on their first time playing volleyball?
Ginger: Uh... that could've been anyone else!
Squall: Or who almost dropped dead from exhaustion from facing a forty-minute soccer game?
Ginger: Stop teasing me!
Squall: Eh, then stop saying you can help me. You're here so you can go work on that dream of yours and I'm doing a favour. That's all of it.

Ginger frowned, tearing up. That caused him to groan.

Squall: Oh, come on, Ginger. Don't start the waterworks...
Ginger: Y-Yo-You... m-meanie...
Squall: Alright, alright! Sheesh, calm down. You can help me whenever I train at home, alright?
Ginger: T-that's... better.

She cleared up the tears rolling down her face. Squall, meanwhile, grumbled, crossing his arms.

Squall: God, don't do that again, please.