Forum Clock: 2024-10-03 04:26 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Theme Week) Filling in the gaps on the map
The Sim Soccer League has a plethora of great teams in great locations, but there are of course always more great locations for teams in the world, especially since the league only has 12 teams. It would be impossible to have a perfect arrangement of only 12 teams to properly represent the entire world, thus there are a few areas that are severely neglected.

The most obvious place for a team in my opinion is Colombia. There is only one team in South America, Buenos Aires and no team in Mexico or Central America. A team in Colombia would grant a logical rival to Buenos Aires and creates an opening for a future Mexican team as well, to provide another rival to Colombia and would give a rival to Hollywood who does not have a team nearby.

A team based out of India or a southeast Asian country like Thailand or Vietnam would also be a great spot for an expansion team. While the far east has lost of representation in Tokyo, Seoul, and Sydney, India and the lands around the subcontinent does not have a team close to them. I think a team in India would fill a massive gap in the reach of the league.

Another open place is the west coast of Africa. If the Indian team gets put somewhere on the coast, a team somewhere on the West African coast, maybe in Mombasa or Zanzibar. The Indian Ocean in general is a massive gap in the league's reach so I think that any team placed in the lands next to the Indian Ocean would be a good idea.

The last spot I think could use a team is Eastern Europe. I think although its not necessarily "eastern" but I think that Germany would be an obvious choice, its one of the biggest soccer countries in the world.