Forum Clock: 2024-07-12 01:19 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme Week - Stockholms FF
There are a lot of countries, and a lot of cities around the world, that are not represented in the SSL and I think they should be. Brazil, Mexico, France, the Netherlands, Portugal, South Africa, Germany, Italy, Poland, Indonesia are just a few off the top of my head. However, one country that doesn't receive quite as much attention, but definitely deserves it, is Sweden. Football is the most played sport in Sweden. The Swedish national team has been to the World Cup 12 times, they've been to the finals once and finished third twice, they've made it to the semis at the Euros, they've produced several notable players - Zlatan Ibrahimović, Victor Lindelöf, Gunnar Nordahl, Emil Forsberg and others. Personally, Stockholm is one of my absolute favorite cities that I have ever visited, and a city where I would love to live one day. For all of these reasons, I am putting my expansion team in Stockholm.

The question now is, of course, about the branding of the team. First of all, the colours. This is an easy one - the colours of the flag and coat of arms of Stockholm are what I'll go with here. Dark blue as the primary colour and golden yellow as the accent colour, with some black outlines around the yellow elements on the uniforms. For the second kits, yellow would be the primary colour, with mostly black and some navy blue highlights. For the third though, I'd switch it up a little. The third jerseys would be black, with minimal details - only player names and numbers, the team crest, and probably a sponsor logo, all of which would be a bright, fluorescent light blue.

The crest I do not have a concrete idea for, however I think it would have to feature some of Stockholm's most famous landmarks in some way - the Royal Palace, the Parliament House, the City Hall, Riddarholmen Church, the Nordic Museum, the Globe Arena. Perhaps also the head of King St. Eric - whose face is on the coat of arms and the flag of Stockholm.

Finally, the name. To be honest, the name is a little boring, but I could not think of a good name that represents the entire city other than... Stockholms Fotbollsförening, or Stockholms FF for short. (fotbollsförening being, of course, the Swedish term for "football club").