Forum Clock: 2024-07-12 02:04 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THEME WEEK - Expansion to Atlanta
This one is easy for me - if we're expanding, I'm picking Atlanta, Georgia as the new home of a franchise. As someone who is born and raised in Atlanta, I know all too well how perfect it is for a sports team. Plus, the South is underrepresented in this league and I think that's a huge area of untapped potential for the league. Just look at how excited the local fans are for Atlanta United! Plus, we're also a host city for the 2026 World Cup, so you know that we check every single box when it comes to being a soccer mecca.

When it comes to our colors, we have to start with red. Red is one of the primary colors of all of Georgia's major teams and we'll continue with that. Red with some black and silver accents will make for a fantastic kit and really good merchandise. We'll also take the nickname "Bulldogs" as a nod to the Georgia Bulldogs in nearby Athens, which also happens to be my alma mater.

On our jersey, we'll feature a small bulldog on the chest and I'm sure our fans will be able to come up with various chants and songs about bulldogs and their toughness to sing in the crowd. We can also use that for our motto - I was thinking something along the lines of "Toughness and Loyalty". Two traits that not only exemplify bulldogs, but also will be hallmarks of our fans, our team, and our entire organization.

Finally, we'll of course have to build a brand new stadium for this new Atlanta franchise. While many teams have enormous domed stadiums that cost billions, I'm thinking that a smaller, more exciting atmosphere will be better for the fans. It will be state of the art, no doubt, but I want the crowd to feel like they're right on top of the action. Plus, the closer the crowd to the field, the bigger impact they'll have on the game.

(331 words)