Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 05:02 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking the triangle 2.5 what is the triangle tho
I'm really tired atm and I'm going to be busy for a while so I don't know another opportunity to get an article out other than now.

So for a little addendum, I want to run through how you can know how a tactic works by having a simple look at a tactic.

So while it would be would be simple to look at each role and see an Attack, a support, a defend, or even the werid Automatic setting that doesn't tell you the entire story.

To not get into the weeds I'm throwing out automatically. Its placed there for realy new people that don't know what the role does and is usually switched out immediately.

Now All roles basically fall under runners sitters or movement. Whats important to parse for how a tactic will work is by figuring out what it will turn into in attack (in possession) and in defense (out of possession). The lines of defense and engagement don't change the formation just change its density. Athletico Madrid's press traps of having a high line of defense with a low line of engagement are the same as a proper english 4-4-2.

Centerbacks are shockingly complex and would require a whole article to explain them. I will have to get to that at some point but for now just know there is a completely different system for them than any of the other position sets and that generally, you can keep two of them on center defender on defend or two wide centerbacks and a libero on support.

Ok I'm already fading and I'm suddenly realizing how big of an article this would be if I put the proper effort into explaining it.

Roles on support will stay generally in their place for attacking and defending. Attack will cause them to go up a level on the field in possession and have them keep forward more out of possession. Defend will have them stay a level back in and out of possession.

Special exceptions to this rule exist, however. Poachers Enchlanges and Ramdueters will ignore defensive responsibilities in order to be ready for transitions when/if you regain possession. Ball-winning midfielders will ignore the defensive shape in order to press the ball carrier and... win the ball. Its a good role that explains well what the player is going to do, you just need to ignore it when making your defensive shape.

The defensive shape is a whole nother article to make if you want that comment. 4-4-2 and the dutch anchor.

Box-to-box midfielders are basically wingers but on the inside. big hulking brutes that can be slow but then need to be tall and strong. Midfielders just float, playmakers are midfielders that either are advanced or deep lying like advanced and deep lying forwards. They have a special designation with their role for the games ai to force the ball to be passed to them.

Last and most divergently we have Inverted roles. Inverted wingbacks will go to the inside instead of straight up and down the outside. they will track back wider when out of possession to fulfill the fullback need for defensive shapes.

Inverted wingers and inside forwards do the exact same thing. They just "release their route" at a different point to take an American football phrase. They're trying to do a lot different things and I'll address that with next weeks "what you can do with a stretched up defensive shape... what can you do with a stretched up defensive shape, early in the final third".

I'll do more with this to explain what I'm trying to say I hope this weekend or tomorrow.