Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 05:50 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sit down with Vui
Vui Kemoeatu, the young midfielder for Adowa Accra F.C. has seen his life change in a big way in the last year. Hailing from the small island nation of Tonga and playing local football, he now plays in a city and country roughly 11,443 miles away from home. From footballing in the top tongalese flight, to a league comprised of the best teams in the world. We sit down with Vui to see how his first season has been treating him.

Hank Wormer: "Good morning Vui, thank you for facetiming in for this interview."

Vui Kemoeatu: "The pleassure is all mine, thank you for having me."

Hank Wormer: "Now Vui you had to move roughly to the other side of the planet to play in the SSL. How has this transition been for you?"

Vui Kemoeatu: "It has been an absolute crazy few months.It has been an absolute culture show. It took a lot of getting used to being away from home. I think I have adjusted well and am really getting into my own."

Hank Wormer: "And that shows on the pitch. One would say you had a slow start, but now in 12 starts and a sub you have scored 5 goals, gotten 3 assists and have been awarded one player of the match award. Cracking above a 7 on the average rating wiht 7.03. You have only gotten better as the season has progressed."

Vui Kemoeatu: "In part to my amazing team mates and coaching staff we have at the club. As I said, it took a while to adjust to being away from home in a strange country. The staff has been amazing in settling me in and my team mates have made me feel like a real part of the team. I think my training was bad at the start, but has only gotten better since."

Hank Wormer: "That is great to hear Vui, we are expecting many great things from you moving forward".

[329 words]