Forum Clock: 2024-08-03 20:31 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Draft Review
As I expected, my mock draft was a mess. Coming into the league not knowing any of the inside relationships or really the flexibility that's allowed with FM rosters, it was always going to be an uphill battle. So I relied only on my knowledge of sim league activity and the budget sheet to see team needs. Let's see how I did.

My Picks
1. Sao Paulo - O'Rourke
2. Kaapstad - Noir
3. London - Le Tissier
4. BA - Youre
5. Accra - Williams
6. London - Carbone
7. London - Guevara
8. Kaapstad - LuaLua
9. Paris - Etodeliverpizza
10. Montreal - Kaido
11. BA - Scud
12. Sao Paulo - LeDiver
13. Montreal - Knight
14. Tokyo - Mind

Actual Results
1. Sao Paulo - LeDiver
2. Kaapstad - O'Rourke
3. London - Le Tissier
4. BA - Guevara
5. Accra - Coleman
6. London - Youre
7. London - Svichi
8. Kaapstad - Williams
9. Paris - Etodeliverpizza
10. Montreal - Pederson
11. BA - Knight
12. Sao Paulo - Newman
13. Montreal - Noir
14. Tokyo - Kaido

Some pretty big misses, and some close ones. Seems I only got 1 correct. O'Rourke at 2 instead of 1 doesn't feel bad, BUT LeDiver being 1 instead of 12 is an oof. Mastersheep is clearly a bigger name user than I knew, but congrats to them on the 1oa! I did manage to get 10 out 14 first rounders correct, which in the ISFL would count for something haha. But here, it just means better luck next time. I overestimated where GKs get drafted, so LuaLua hurt me. At the time of the draft, I didn't see that Newman had completed any tasks, so I either overlooked somethings in that department, or they may have a pre-established relationship with Sao Paulo. I initially had Svichi in my mock going to one of the forward needy teams early on, but as I looked more closely at other forwards, it seemed like they were slightly better choices, so I dropped them from my first round. Carbone not going in the first was also a big surprise for me. I definitely have a lot to learn, but I set the bar very low to do better next season!