Forum Clock: 2024-06-24 05:06 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#8 Nearing the Summit [Now Open to S9 Players]
<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1291&view=findpost&p=48366' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>CP #7</a><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1985' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Tom Pedersen page</a><br><br>Tom Pedersens career started way back in the time between S4 and S5. He got created in the off-season and was very excited about the upcoming draft. At the start of his career Tom Pedersen was a left wingback and focused hard on being just that. In the draft he got picked as number 10 OA by Montreal United. When entering the locker room of his new team Montreal legend Ioannis Papastathopoulos came to welcome him to the club and let everybody know who the left defender on the team was. Tom Pedersen played all games the first season on the right back after working hard to adjust to the different side of the field. His debut came in a 3-0 win over Inter London and he played 12 games in his first season. Making 3 assists and an average rating of 6,72. A decent start. Montreal United was 2 points behind Sao Paulo who grabbed the last promotion spot.<br><br>In the second season Montreal United had a blow out and attempted to rebuild. Ioannis Papastathopoulos left and Toki Wartooth was drafted. This meant that Tom Pedersen was placed on the left side as wingback in front of 3 central defenders and with Mr Wartooth on the other side. This year was a hard one as Montreal was fighting in the bottom half all season. Tom managed to get 12 games this season as well. Making 5 assists and having an average rating of 6,57. Montreal United came dead last this season with 1 win and 1 draw in 10 matches.<br><br>Third year was better. Tom made his first goal, against AS Paris, (<a href='https://youtu.be/xARIr7rz558?t=2675' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Stunning half volley against AS Paris</a>) and had 3 assists as well. He became player of the match twice and had an average rating of 7,24. Montreal United ended up as third, four points behind CA Buenos Aires who got promoted.<br><br>The following season Tom continued to play well, averaging 7,05 in 17 matches making 1 assist. Another player of the match award as well. Once more Montreal United became third, six points behind Inter London in the last promotion spot.<br><br>Tom had a really good year in S9 making 13 assists in 19 matches. Becoming player of the match 4 times and averaging 7,57. Tom also became player manager for Montreal United this year. Montreal United however became fourth and was 7 points behind Reykjavik in the last promotion spot. Montreal went all in this season making many trades. In the end it was a disaster and Montreal United went into rebuild mode trading away older players for draft picks and young players.<br><br>S10 was the first year in the new rebuild and Montreal finished fifth with 13 points. 20 points behind promotion. Tom had a good year. Averaging 7,66 in 17 matches. 5 POTM awards and making 9 assists.<br><br>S11 Montreal United became 6 in division 2 with 15 points. 15 points Schwarzwälder FV who got promoted. Tom played 17 matches averaging 7,48 and making 8 assists. This season he received 2 POTM awards. This seasons was Montreal Uniteds final season as indepentent team. In the off-season they were merged with Schwarzwälder and became one organization. Montreal United became the minor team and Tom was swapped to the major team even if he continues to manage Montreal United.<br><br>After 111 matches for Montreal United, 14 POTM awards, 1 goal and 42 assists, Tom Pedersen donned Schwarzwälder’s jersey and took over as their left wingback swapping place with Taco caT.<br><br>Words: 585<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>
[Image: Tom_Pedersen.png]
Thanks to lore

Player Page
Career Task #7

Karl Schenkinger is a loyal man. Picked up by Accra as a rookie, he stayed with the franchise as it moved to Germany, in the heart of the Schwarzwald. His journey to the top of the footballing world has not been an easy one, but it has been a slow and steady climb as Schenkinger grew together with the team. In fact, it's hard to imagine Schenkinger on another team. Schenkinger is the heart and soul of the Schwarzwälder Fußballlverein, and he has been their captain for several seasons now.

During his first few years, Accra was one of the worst teams in the second division - back when there were actually two divisions. The team was rebuilding for quite a while, sending away competent players for players who would better fit their timeline. Schenkingers timeline.
When the franchise made the decision to move from Accra to Pforzheim, Schenkinger was not only aboard. Schenkinger was helping steering the ship. Loyal as always, he volunteered to help everyone get settled in in the unfamiliar, almost intimidating forest atmosphere. As a German native, he knew the in-and-outs of the culture and helped easen the language barrier, as well as providing an identification figure for the fans to root for with their newly acquired team.
With the move to Germany came success. The team was no longer a bottom feeder of the league, but it had grown to be a consistent promotion candidate. And just when the team had finally notched a top 2 spot in the second division, Schwarzwälder FV and Montreal United were merged to one big franchise, with SFV going on to play in the first division. By this time, Schenkinger had become more than just a regular player for the team, but he had become the vocal leader of the locker room and captain of the team, wearing the armband proudly.
By now, SFV are a middle-of-the-table team in the first division. No silverware for Schenkinger so far in his career, not even a cup success in sight. But the team, and Schenkinger, are still improving, and their journey to the top has not come to an end just yet.
Only time will tell how far they will come. Schenkinger, and Schwarzwälder FV.

(407 words)

APPROVED
[Image: 8BlgQNl.png]

Fara Dian player page
CPT #7

On Mount Everest, before you reach the most famous part of the climb (The Hillary Step), you reach the South Summit. This would be the highest mountain peak in the world, if the full summit of Mount Everest didn't rise another 300 feet just over the way. When you climb the mountain, you reach this little piece of rock with no steps to take that aren't going back down. For most of the panorama, you look over the entirety of Earth down below you. And then you complete the circle to see the actual summit still looming overhead. It takes a short decent of just 33 feet down the backside of the South Summit until you resume your upward trajectory and continue on to the true Top of the World.

Fara Dian thought about this a lot during the downtime after season 14. He has only played with one franchise for his entire career, beginning when they were a forgotten club languishing in the humid air of tropical Ghana through the transition to the dark valley in the Black Forest. After the first few seasons, it has been a story of continual upward momentum, but with no summits achieved. Though promotion was secured in season 11, it did not come with a divisional title. And then the landscape changed to make the climb even more difficult, but he and his team persisted. Season 14 was yet again their best finish ever, sitting 3rd in the league and making a second straight Cup semifinal.

But it all feels like a false peak, a personal South Summit. You aren't the best until you are the best, until you top them all. As season 14 settled into history, Fara needed to make his way back down those 33 feet, to put his feet back in touch with the climb. A little over 300 feet to go now, back up the hardest and most famous part of the whole ascent. There's that one big Step to make before the whole world truly falls away. From the Valley we will reach the Summit, one step at a time.

APPROVED @FaraDian - fine metaphor.
[Image: S10.png]

Career task 7
Player page

Mongolia is where I became a soccer player. 
I was a nomad. I am a nomad. Part of me will always be a nomad. 
I followed weather and good grazing with the herds to grow my strength and resilience. 

Japan is where I became a soccer prospect. 
I was tall and strong and resilient and too thin to follow my brothers into Sumo.
I played wherever I was welcome and made myself more welcome wherever I played. 

Accra is where I became a professional. 
The heat and rainy seasons - a deluge to me, but much drier than places east and west of Accra - taught me the world would have more diversity to show me so long as I kept alert and travelling. As a nomad does. 
I became relied upon. I made mistakes I was trusted to learn from. I became mature.

The Black Forest is where I became a monster.
Germany offered all the opportunities Europe had, more than Accra ever could, with none of Japan's polite reserve. 
I discovered new tiers of awareness and consciousness. I discovered how to hold war and respect and love and irrepressible force inside me and direct them all to affect the threads of a game's fate.
Among the Zebras, fellow-travellers became teammates became allies became brothers and sisters and warriors of a common fate. We were young. We were a succubus of football, growing stronger and younger while preying upon older and more experienced rivals. We were Zebras hunting lions and dragons, each finding their own role in the shared plan.

I re-signed with SFV, again. These people are my people. I am soon to be the best in the world at what I do. And at the peak of my powers I will strive to make the Zebras the best army it can be in the war it will wage.

APPROVED - Quite the journey! @woog

Career Point Task #7
Player Page

Furious Chicken has by now seen many seasons in the SSL, but all-in-all he has stayed loyal to his team, playing for only 2 different teams so far. Starting his SSL career by being drafted by Red Star Laos and quickly becoming a valuable player for them in a season which could best be described as bad, the next season showed some better signs with a good second half bringing Laos up to 4th in the standings. These first 2 seasons Chicken played a striker, before becoming a winger in the following seasons as Laos ended their next campaign “only” in 5th followed up by a 6th place finish in S10. Then S11 was the best one so far for Laos getting 3rd in the standings. This was the final season of Red Star Laos being an individual team of its own, as the SSL announced a big change with franchises coming into the SSL, for Red Star Laos this meant they were now a minor league team under Reykjavik United. Reykjavik had seen the performances of Furious Chicken in the past few season and called him up to the major league for S12 in which they went all the way and became champions, repeating this in S13, before ending up 2nd in S14, 5 points behind A.C. Romana. S10 also started the first season of getting out of the group stage for Furious Chicken, which eventually ended in a 3-2 loss against Hollywood, following that up was a 2-2 penalty loss against Inter London, and finally last season was a 3-2 loss against Tokyo. With Furious Chicken now having won the major league, and the shield, the cup would be the next thing Chicken would love to win one day. And eventually on his old days he would love it to go back to Red Star Laos, now called North Shore United, and win the Minor League.

318 words