Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 23:30 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Normous After The Draft
Willie Normous’ first week in Cairo was great. Lots of new faces to meet and training to be done. By the end of the week, Cairo’s general manager came to Willie to talk about the wingback’s future with the team and the current depth chart. The conversation was great and the training evaluation was an eye opening experience. Willie now knows what he needs to work on. There was one other point the manager wanted to talk about before the meeting concluded. Seoul Mythic Football Club’s general manager has taken an interest in receiving Willie on a loan. The things Willie had to consider the pros and cons of such a loan.

The Pros:

Guaranteed starts would mean more playing time. More playing time would mean a better chance of gaining the much needed experience to better the game.
Division two has players at my level to play against. Which means I can go above and beyond to show how good I can be.
Even more faces. I get to make connections and build chemistry with even more players in the league. All of which are trying to do what I am also trying to do.

The Cons:

Division Two. I would have loved to have debuted in division 1.
Position. I would be playing fullback. Not really a bad thing, just means I will be focusing even more on the defensive part of my game.

Overall, I think the pros outweigh the cons. The playing time alone is great! A starter over a sub makes a huge difference in my training. I accepted the loan and boarded a plane to Seoul, Korea. This league is wild with how spread out everything is. I arrived in Seoul just in time for training camp. The training camp here was more intense than any other camp I have ever been a part of. The academy is child’s play compared to this one. Time to get back on the pitch.

(327)