Forum Clock: 2024-10-21 11:47 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - S3, Chapter 10 Words - 318
Taekwondo practice was over again. Squall insisted on not taking belts as he denoted that he didn't find himself deserving to participate in such grading but also because he was a footballer and albeit interested, didn't have the time to participate in the rites of promotion that the teachings of his master had. The twins that ran Tokyo's fansite weren't too far away from him but mostly talked with each other as they went on their own way.

Unlike most times, he stopped by a place he was familiar with: the maid cafe where he had taken his teammate not too long ago. Mostly because of someone who was already there.

Rup: Man, I thought you'd never show up!
Vercetti: Sorry, I wanted to put a bit more spin on my kicks and Master Do-Yeong got a bit more philosophical than I expected.
Rup: Huh. I'm kinda surprised you still do that after we train.
Vercetti: I had to get special clearance for it but trust me, it's made a difference.
Rup: Sure did, we're unbeaten on the league after all.
Vercetti: Yeah, now knock on the wood so we don't jinx it.

Knocking on the wood followed. That was also the cue for Hina to show up. She had a large smile.

Hina: Wow! It's been a while since I've seen you two.
Vercetti: Ah, yo. Hina. You're still waitressing here?
Hina: Nope. I'm the manager now. The old one retired to Hokkaido. But when someone told me you two were here, I had to check it with my own eyes. I hope your buddy's now able to not shy away from the get-go.
Rup: Nuh-uh. I've been training for it now.

It was then that the Canadian center-back realized something.

Vercetti: ...So it was you who stole Ginger's mags, ain't it?
Rup: Hell no, I don't know how you could even accuse me of such a thing.

The other two relented.

Rup: She loaned me them for training.
Vercetti: ...Yeah, sounds like Ginger alright.