Forum Clock: 2024-09-16 20:14 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - S4C2 Words - 334
Squall examined the card with suspicion. It had been there for a while but he had only really managed to get home by that night. The card had a simple set of numbers and a name, Agent Lee. While he did consider not calling that number, he assumed he'd get in a bit of a pickle if he didn't do as requested. He made sure to check the door was locked and that there wasn't anyone around before calling.

After a couple of beeps, a female voice picked up the call.

Lee: Glad to finally hear from you, Mister Vercetti.
Vercetti: Yeah, sorry about the delay. I wasn't around.
Lee: A likely story.
Vercetti: I think you have the means to check it if you're doubtful but I don't have any reasons to lie.
Lee: And I presume you've been contacted by your relative yet.
Vercetti: Nah. I'm guessing that since I was on the move for the whole week, I wasn't very reachable by someone on the run.
Lee: I see. And when will you spend a reasonable stretch of time at home?
Vercetti: Uh... As far as I know, the end of the season. Why?
Lee: She would have an easier time reaching out and that would benefit our efforts. We also can't ask them to give you free time since that would expose we're aware of you as a possibility.
Vercetti: Uh... well, now that you mention it, ain't I kind of obvious given my job and all?
Lee: Yes... if you were on good terms with her. You've never met her so you're likely to be an elusive option.
Vercetti: Gotcha. But I haven't really seen anything new. I'll reach out whenever I do.
Lee: Good. We'll keep in touch weekly, just in case. And if you step out of line...
Vercetti: ...I think I can tell what would happen. You'll get the truth out of me, no worries.
Lee: Good. Rest easy for now, Mister Vercetti. Talk to you soon.

Squall flopped against the couch, letting out a sigh. Football wasn't meant to be this stressful.