Forum Clock: 2024-09-16 20:42 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited About the Changes
It was another busy week in Iceland, as there was a ton of player movement, and the Reykjavik United team looking almost completely different than when the season got underway. We’ve already touched upon the impact Scott Sterling has had for this club, so let’s take a look at what other notable names have moved around, either to or from Reykjavik.

In:
Charles-Andrew-Simon Utley-Abara-Lunga (that’s a mouthful)
Ricky Bobby
DeeDee Yoker

Out:
Lochlann O’Rourke
Paul Penshaw
Malakai Black
Ketchup Noodle

It’s quite the movement here. Let me start with those we’re losing. These guys were all fantastic teammates, and some that have been around for quite a few seasons since I was brought in to Sydney/Reykjavik. There was a lot of promise with the young core, and while not everyone may have been the absolute best, it would always be nice to see it play out with those there for a while.

On the way in, however, there are a ton of top tier talents coming in. Getting the likes of Charles (I’m not saying the full name), Ricky Bobby and DeeDee Yoker immediately makes this team better. Obviously this also makes this team more active, which is super important and helpful to the overall culture. With the addition of these guys, the future looks bright. Add in the fact that Reykjavik has Mikko Rashford out on loan as well, and this team is going to be a very strong one for seasons to come. While I will miss those on the way out, I can’t help but be excited to share the field with my new teammates.