Forum Clock: 2024-09-18 20:40 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QSW: Wang Zhihao set to make next career step
Qingdao Sports Weekly
Wang Zhihao set to make next career step

Young Chinese soccer star Wang Zhihao has reportedly been fielding several offers from several notable over sea’s clubs. While still a developing talent, performances at the recent Chinese rising stars challenge in Beijing has accelerated interest in the shining midfielder. While local talent has struggled in recent years to achieve overseas success, there is hope that Wang could follow in the footsteps of veteran players like Liang Kuai and make the successful transition.

Several months ago young Wang reportedly took a self-funded trip to Munich, Germany in hopes of accelerating his development and impressing native scouts. While its unsure exactly how much of an impact this had on talents, it has no doubt helped put him on the radar of a few international youth academies. When asked to speak about the rumors swirling around the Qingdao Youth soccer offices, Wang only had this to say, “Perhaps there is some attention, but I will cross these waters when they come. For now, my focus is to become the best player I can be and make my parents proud of their son.”