Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 11:02 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torres Reflects on SSL Cup Exit
The SSL Cup semifinals have ended and Cairo City won't be moving on. After two tough losses to Tokyo SC, Cairo was sent home and will not be playing for the double this season. Cairo City striker Franco Torres gives his thoughts on the situation.

"It's hurt, man. We started the first game off very well. I scored right at the outset. However, Tokyo managed to pull that back and overtake us very quickly. They used set pieces to break us down and I guess that's something we'll have to look into. I'm disappointed I couldn't build off of my early goal and bring us back into the game. Going into the second match, we knew we had to win by two, because of the away goal rule. So our backs were up against the wall again. Like the first match, we started off very well, getting an early goal. However, we ended up losing that match as well. It's pretty heartbreaking since we were the heavy favourites coming into this matchup. However, it does speak volumes about Tokyo SC's improvement since the start of the season. Moving onto the next round, the Finals aren't decided yet. It's anyone's to take. Really sad it won't be ours to take, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Moving forward, I'm hoping we can finish out the season strong. I believe we only need one win to lock up the title. If we win against Inter London, then that'll be awesome. However, they're not in second place for no reason. That'll be a tough game. Even our match against Rio is up in the air. Like Tokyo, Rio has done an excellent job at improving its play. In fact, the aggregate score between Tokyo and Rio in the SSL Cup semifinals was 1-0 for Tokyo. So it won't be an easy matchup at all."
[Image: BecVoHU.gif]