Forum Clock: 2024-10-16 06:36 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regression depression
It's not like I didn't see this coming. Not at all, I know myself. I know I enjoy it when numbers go up. When playing FM24 myself, I enjoy swooping up Wonderkids left and right and see their attribute numbers go up. Nothing gives me more joy than a great youth intake. Buying established players and getting quick wins doesn't bring me joy. So why would it be any different here?

Karl Schenkinger has hit regression a while ago, and ever since then, his numbers don't go up anymore. I'm struggling to stay at the level I was before, and I know that regression is going to hit even harder next season so the numbers will continue to go down. It's just the way things are, really. It's part of the game. I knew what I signed up for, yet, I struggle to find motivation for a player that's never mentioned positively on stream (due to the nature of defensive players getting less highlights) AND that is past his best.

I still keep up with the league, and I read what's going on in our locker room, but my activity has dropped massively. Do I think it's a real problem, something that's wrong with the league? Probably not. Something's most likely wrong with me, it's just the way I am wired. Maybe the regression timeframe is a bit long for my taste, but otherwise, everything's just fine. It's just a case of regression depression. Carry on.
[Image: 8BlgQNl.png]