Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 08:57 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mikhail Laudrup's Take on Club Branding
Now, I start this article by warning the community that I am not familiar with football/soccer kits. I’m a hockey guy and love the visual uniforms that NHL hockey brings to the table. There are some soccer kits and brands that I really like, but most of them seem to be dominated by corporate sponsors.

Inter London Football Club – B – I really like the badge, and the blue they chose really pops. I can see this being a real nice kit. I can’t be bothered to see if you have that rendered or not, but I am using my imagination to see some real crisp kits.

Athenai Football Club – D – When you are based in Greece, you’re opening yourself up for a FANTASTIC set of designs and colors to use that lean heavily on the local culture. I see some blue in there, but it’s not the right color and seems to be overshadowed by the goldenrod type color. A big miss here, in my opinion.

Hollywood Football Club – A – The Hollywood sign, with stars in the sky above it! A real homage towards the market they serve, and a crisp-looking badge. Well done with this one!

Tokyo Sports Club – B – I confess, I am not well-versed in the cultural aspects of Tokyo or Japan in general. But the colors pop compared to many other clubs, and I like the variety. Seeing the archway synonymous with Japanese architecture is a nice addition too.

Cairo City Football Club – B- - When talking about Egyptian culture, there are so many different things you could do with this badge. The Pyramids of Giza are prominent here, but they look almost like mountains and not pyramids. Why not use a Sphynx or something like that with a pyramid in the background? Missed opportunities, IMO.

Football Club De Rio – A- - Love this…. A lot of blue and gold in this community though. You have the cool statue (apologies, I do not know the name of the statue) that is thought of when one thinks of Rio. I really like the branding here.

Montreal United – B – Montreal really is a cultural hub, and when I think of Quebec, I think of thick, lush forests and some top tier maple syrup. That’s why I think the dark green is a nice touch. However, the black sticks out as if it doesn’t really belong.

Club de Futbol Catalunya – A- - This branding looks top tier, and royal as fuck. I am not strong in geography, but I am assuming Catalunya is based in Spain, as this really looks like a Spanish-type branding. Well done. These would have some kits I could see in the Premier League.