Forum Clock: 2026-10-06 04:06 PDT
 


Manny's Journal - W254
#1
Stockholm IK 2-2 Victoria Falls

I thought this match was fairly even in the first half, even though they hit the post twice. We were playing some good football, but not finishing attacks off. After we went a goal down, the message from the bench was "don't panic". We continued the same approach, and managed to take the lead with a few minutes left. But the margins in elite football are very narrow. We had a momentary lapse of concentration from a throw in, conceded possession, and Victoria Falls managed to pass the ball around us excellently to score the equaliser.

Once again, I am making key passes. We are progressing the ball into dangerous areas, and I am doing well at this. But it does not matter if we are not scoring goals. I must find a way to turn this "progressive passing" into goals. People will talk about "underlying metrics" but this is for the scientists. These metrics do not win matches without the goals that follow. Twelve cross attempts but only four successes is not good enough for me. I must work harder.

Port Royal F.C. 1-3 Stockholm IK

This match felt very different. I thought we had taken the lead very early when my corner kick found Van Schneider, but the header was well saved. A little after this chance, I had the opportunity to score myself, but I did not do well. My shot did not even test the goalkeeper. Something to work on.

It didn't take long for us to score, though. Tälli pounced on a defensive mistake to score first, before Maestro doubled the lead before thirty minutes of the game had passed. We felt confident, and in control of the match generally. But confidence is dangerous in football. We conceded early in the second half, forcing everyone to focus again.

In the seventy-third minute I thought I had finally picked up a second assist, when I found Honcho in a pocket of space, but unfortunately the shot hit the wrong side of the side netting. A little over ten minutes later, I got the assist. We had practiced a corner kick routine in training, and it worked this time. My first pass went to the edge of the box, where Valar was in space. Then I could receive a return pass and cross from a better angle. The cross found Tälli, who scored a nice volley to put us two goals ahead again, and seal the victory. On another day, I might have had two assists, but another narrow offside prevented us from making it 4-1 right at the end.

This puts me at two assists from four games, which is okay. But it will not make me stand out in the draft. I must continue to improve if I want to end up at a strong team and become the player I dreamed of being.
Find  0 0 0 0
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2026 Melroy van den Berg.