Forum Clock: 2024-08-03 02:01 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme Week: Acre FC
For my created team I wanted to pick a city inside the country that I most recently visited: Israel.

I was there for twelve days in early May and had a wonderful time and got to see a lot of the country, and while soccer isn't quite as big in Israel as it is in Europe, South America, or many other areas of the world - it is still pretty popular over there and I feel that the country would make an interesting and unique choice for the Sim Soccer League.

So with that in mind when people think of the Israel area they likely think of two main cities: Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. Jerusalem is obviously one of the most historic cities in all of the world, and I really enjoyed visiting it. They even have a phenomenal soccer stadium inside Jerusalem and it would be cool to play there. And then on the other hand is Tel Aviv which is a very modern, rich, expensive city to live and is home to the biggest airport in the entire country - and also have a great stadium.

However, when I pick locations for sim league teams I never like to go with the obvious choices. While I think both of those cities could have some really interesting branding I wanted to go in another direction.

That leaves three cities that I visited that I'd like to put a team in: Haifa, Maccabiim, and Acre (pronounced Akko). Maccabiim would be very interesting because it is right between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv basically so you could drag a lot of fans from both big cities. And Haifa is the third-biggest city with a very artistic vibe, so that would be a cool place to put a team too - and it is right on the water.

But ultimately I went with the small town of Acre in the northern portion of the country! Acre is a very multi-ethnic city with a lot of different cultures and it would be fun to put a soccer team there. it's right on the water, has ancient walls, and the view from the stadium would be awesome if it is built correctly! Ultimately I wanted to do something a bit out of the box and Acre seems like a town that nobody else would pick, which is important for me!

392 words