Forum Clock: 2024-07-12 00:52 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme Week - Alexandria United
[align=center]Theme Week - Alexandria United

While having teams all over the world is amazing it does leave one facet of football lacking. Derbies, classic all out slugfest whether the teams are both competing for the title or just throwing haymakers because they plain just don’t like each other. A derby day is like no other in football and sadly these beautiful rivalries struggle to exist in this expansive league, currently examining the league gives two derbies as the league stands, we have a Southeast Asian derby and a 100 Year War derby.

So, for that reason to bring another fierce clash to the SSL I present you with the latest SSL team Alexandria United. Creating a natural rivalry with the other Egyptian team Cairo City now known as the Nile Derbies. These two cities separated in Egypt by the Nile River have a rich history of cultural significance, now to be played out on the football pitch.

Here is a quick mock up showcasing the rivalry, color can change but currently Alexandria United rock a styling primary gold and red with grey as a secondary:

user posted image

Alexandria’s logo features an ancient warrior alluding to the city’s history, it also represents the teams fierce attack mentality. The owners of Alexandria Utd won’t be happy to just win, they want to win triumphantly with an all-out attack. Alexandria prefers not to tip too heavily into the transfer market preferring for its players to be academy products, every last player must have the fierce untied philosophy of football.

In conclusion the need for more proper rivalries means Alexandria would be a great option for expansion for the league, no other team currently uses the red and gold color scheme; however, a blue and gold scheme could also work to contrast Cairo Cities brown. Couple that with the historical significance of the city and you find a great option for expansion.

311 words I hope you enjoy my first article.