Forum Clock: 2024-08-03 10:34 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 2, Chapter 7 Words - 478
The twins looked at each other as they had finished gathering notes on every player on the team. Ever since the team's run at the top, players were far more willing to speak about themselves. That made it easy for the self-appointed official staff of the Tokyo SC fansite "Kitsunes Den", twin sisters Ichiko and Kimiko, to have enough content for the month. As they were already out of the clubhouse, they realized they missed one person - defender Squall Vercetti, known for being grumpy and annoyed more often than not.

Ichiko: ...You know, we don't need to interview him, right?
Kimiko: But the fans, sis!

Ichiko, the one with the dyed green hair, stopped her sister in her tracks as she motioned to return.

Ichiko: Oh, no, Kimi, we ain't doing that. Vercetti is one of the biggest negative guys we ever had on our team. The few times we managed to get anything out of him, he was combative, if not flat out away from any soccer matters, period.
Kimiko: Uh... sis...
Ichiko: In fact, we should probably have a rule about not interviewing him ever again, that would save us some time.
Squall: Eh, that could work.

Ichiko turned around in surprise, seeing him.

Ichiko: ...Well, that makes matters easier.
Squall: Yeah, I heard it. That said, I do hope your rule doesn't prevent you from helping me with something.
Ichiko: Pffft... Why would we even help you?
Squall: I can play nice and answer anything you want from me as long as you help me with a little thing.

The twins looked at each other.

Kimiko: I think it'd be nice, sis.
Ichiko: Alright. What is it?

Hours later.

Squall: And that's how I got into Juvi the last time. When I managed to get out, the headmistress of the orphanage said that I had to straight-up my act. So I remembered I was apparently good at soccer and gave this whole thing a try.

The three were at Vercetti's place, the Canadian playing some skateboarding game with birds while the two took notes.

Squall: Damned bird can't do a flipping grind...
Kimiko: So what's your opinion on Tokyo?
Squall: The city or the club?
Ichiko: Both, to make the whole "setting up your video game" thing worth it.
Squall: Team's great, they really welcomed me as a member, though that's perhaps because I was drafted first. The city is fun but I have some issues with certain things, especially with the way the homeless are treated. I'm still pretty upset over what happened to my friend, you know.
Ichiko: That was... Narazaki, wasn't it?
Kimiko: We heard you and Mike Rup visited that family's ramen shop in a slightly regular basis, so we visited them and asked about your links with them.
Squall: Yeah, they didn't know about his status when I went there the first time. Been visiting them ever since as a way to thank them for their father's work. Hope he's in a better place now.