Forum Clock: 2024-07-11 16:47 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sadio Media TIme
After a mid-morning recovery session Sau Paulo midfielder Sadio Garcia made himself available for questions from the media. The results of this interview are transcribed below.

So, Sadio how’d this session go?
“Today was a good day for the squad; obviously this season isn’t going as we would want. But we have a great squad, and we know what we must do to get to where we want to be.

How does the team plan to rise to the preseason expectations?
"The squad knows that to be the best we just must follow the coaches plan, But I as an individual will be working extra hard to fulfil the role that coach needs me to play."

Obviously, you have played a limited role on Sau Paulo, does this way on you?
"No, not at all. I’m a team first player so I am only concerned with how my play benefits the team; not how the team’s play benefits me I think that mindset is insidious and can quickly zap away the fun of the beautiful game."

Thankyou for the thoughtful responses, Sadio, on a more light-hearted note what’s the plan for after this?
"My family is visiting so we are going to grab lunch then do a little shopping. I think it’s important to keep grounded and when my family visits it really helps me stay focused on what’s important."

Sadio seems determined to help lead Sao Paulo back into contention for promotion, it will be a testament to the quality of team if they manage to find form after this rather bleak start. But football seasons are long, and a lot can change. I wouldn’t be shocked if Sau Paulo makes a serious push. Watch this space for all the latest and greatest updates coming out of Sao Paul Football Club.