Forum Clock: 2024-06-24 04:30 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#3 Media Day [Now Open to S14 Players]
CPT #1

CPT #2

Player Page

[Image: SA-Perfect-Serve-1.jpg]

It was only natural that Reykjaviks Jean-Claude Goddamn, being Belgian and all class, would sign a corporate sponsorship with a company like Anheuser-Busch Inbev, the brewers of Stella Artois, one of Belgiums favorite beers. In a somewhat unusual move for a professional sportsman, signing a deal with a Beer company could be seen as controversial, given the usual message to fans, especially younger ones is to avoid both alcohol and tobacco products. When asked about this, Jean-Claude had a typical response. "Well, once the chance to become a spokesperson for such a fine, superior tasting and refreshingly crisp lager such as Stella, I could not decline the opportunity. Obviously some people will not approve, but if they are worried about such things as their children being encouraged to drink a beautiful, sexy and delicious Stella Artois, then that, I believe, is their problem. Be a better parent." With such a strong reply, the Reykjavik midfielder is sure to receive a backlash from supporters, but it doesn't phase him. "I've signed a deal to promote a certain product and in doing so, will ensure that I will do my best, day in and day out to speak about it and highlight the impressive qualities of Stella Artois. Of course I am being paid for this endorsement, but I do truly think that it is a fine beer and for those fans of football who enjoy consuming an alcoholic beverage, they are denying themselves of a true experience if not drinking Stella."

The deal itself is believed to be a three year, $1.8 million contract, somewhat modest, although it is thought that Goddamn will have several cases of beer delivered to the football club every week. Not a popular decision according to confidential club sources, however the rest of the Reykjavik roster seem to pleased and to Jean-Claude, that's all that matters.

APPROVED @BUM® - remember kids, drink responsibly and profitably.
[Image: jcgdreyk500.png]

CPT 2 
player page

Marco Tentacles approached the door to the conference room, nervous but excited for this opportunity. After winning the Minor League Championship with North Shore last season, he was sent a couple of sponsorship offers from companies with various degrees of shadiness. Turning down all of them, he was excited at finally getting a real sponsorship for the first time in his career. Not a crypto scam company, poisonous energy drink, or anything like that, Marco was finally happy to represent something he uses and enjoys. Stepping out onto the stage of the conference room in Auckland, New Zealand, a small crowd of reporters were gathered with a company spokesperson on stage greeting Marco. Saying hello to the reporters and shaking hands with his publicist, Marco takes a seat and leans into the microphone. "Hello everyone, thank you for coming to this press event. I am joined here by Sal from Sal's Sushi Hut and it is a pleasure and honour to partner with them for my first sponsorship in my professional career. After every match and training day I like to go and grab a bite to eat at Sal's Sushi Hut as their freshness and taste combination is out of this world. A quick healthy meal for cheap has made this my favourite restaurant since moving out here to play for United, and I couldn't be happier to have partnered with them. We are releasing a new meal that contains some of my favourites, with a combination of Mango Crab Rolls, Spicy California Rolls, and Shrimp Sushi with a special spicy sauce. Calling it the Tentacle Trio, you will be able to order it at any of their two locations and I am extremely excited for you all to try it." The sponsorship was actually a very small one, with Marco mostly agreeing to it due to loving the food and having a pass to eat for free at either of Sal's Sushi Hut's two locations which he could not pass up.

APPROVED @Squid - I was asked to make Octopus for dinner on the weekend. A Tentacles Trio sounds lovely.
[Image: bGa5TIJ.jpeg]