Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 01:56 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Scarpetta Brothers Join Sydney
Joining the Simulation Soccer League was something I wasn’t sure about doing as I didn’t know what to expect out of it. Being a soccer player growing up was something I was passionate about, but making a living and playing pro wasn’t always in the plans. However, the opportunity presented itself and I said if I don’t do it now, I never will. So I got my brother with me, and we decided to sign up for the SSL and see if we’d end up on a team, possibly splitting minutes and learning and eventually getting more playing time.

To our surprise, Sydney reached out and wanted to bring the two of us in. We were told that the team was going through a rebuild so it would be a tough situation for the first year since they’re in Division 1 and likely going to struggle to find any points this season. The prospect of playing on the same team as my brother and being the defensive anchors for a team moving forward was appealing. In addition, it was nice to be a building block for a team and there was a lot of confidence in you, especially after just joining the league.

It’s been a little under 2 weeks since we’ve been a part of the league and we both had our debut in a Shield match against Hollywood. It was expected to be a tough match since they are arguably the best team in the league and Sydney lost all of their players from their team last season. While we didn’t win the match, I think my brother and I had a solid outing trying to contain the opposition. We both had decent game ratings and really showed that we can eventually hang around the league and be solid defenders if we continue pushing ourselves to improve. Our next matches are scheduled this week, so it should be interesting to see how they turn out.