Forum Clock: 2024-09-18 20:30 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Jude #3: Draft Looms for Nashville Talent
STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- With one week remaining before the Simulation Soccer League’s Season 12 Draft, only now is Jude Greer showing anything resembling nerves.

“I have no idea where I’ll end up,” the diminutive left back said during a break in training Monday. “I’m trying to focus on doing the best I can, but it’s weighing on me a little. Just wish I knew for sure what’s gonna happen.”

Greer has settled in well at academy club Stockholm Idrottsklubb, and has featured in several matches for the Swedish side in the run-up to the draft. Despite declaring his intention to enter the draft late in the season cycle, Greer said he’s had little trouble getting up to speed.

“It took a little while to get used to the speed of the game here, but the fundamentals never go away,” Greer said. “It’s a little faster than it was in college, but I’m showing ‘em what I can do, yeah.”

Greer made sure to mention how much he’s enjoyed getting to know some of his fellow future draftees.

“Some of the others clowned me early on for being a little short, but that’s never bothered me anyway," the Sewanee alum said. "Once we got past that, we’ve gotten along pretty well. Maybe I’ll even end up playing alongside some of ‘em in the league eventually,” he added with a laugh.

Greer also confirmed that he’s been contacted by at least one interested SSL organization ahead of the draft, though for the sake of fair play he declined to name any interested parties.

“It’s pretty flattering to know someone out there wants me to play for them,” Greer said. “I dunno whether it’ll work out, or if someone else will pick me first, but all I can do is keep putting in the work. Whoever picks me is gonna get a fighter, I know that.”

The SSL Season 12 Draft will be broadcast live on the SSL YouTube channel on Sunday, October 8.

(330 words)
[Image: f3PLeZn.png]