Forum Clock: 2024-07-12 01:58 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A closer look, at the current academy players
While thinking about article ideas, something came to mind that I think would be fun for new academy players to read, whether they're first gens like me, or recreates of already experienced players. (For those without a player picture, if you'd like one just let me know the name of the IRL player you'd want for your face and I'll add it in later.)

--------------------------------------------------

Gerd Klose @Muford:

An athletic specimen with little to no technical skill, Gerd Klose of Deutschland is a striker of great physical ability who knows how to use his strengths to his advantage. Klose is not much of an on-ball savant but he's very capable when it comes to using his great speed and body strength to cause trouble for the defence. He may receive some criticism for this, being labelled as a "tap-in merchant" by some, but I believe he'll develop into more than that. Currently, he's smart and knows how to be at the right place, at the right time to score goals, even with little to no technical skill. With his tendency to want to play off the shoulders of the last defender, and his incredible shooting power he will be a nightmare for opposing defences and keepers.

Comparisons:

Floor: Peter Crouch

Ceiling: Erling Haaland

----------------------------------------------------------------

Pete Martell @ComebackZak:

The American Shadow Striker, much like Klose likes to get involved when it comes to scoring goals using his good finishing skills, but he's also very solid technically with a decent first touch, tackling, passing, and very good dribbling. Martell likes to be very hands-on and does a good job of controlling the flow and tempo of the game, either setting his teammates up at the right time, or getting in the box himself to put the ball in the back of the net. Martell loves to dribble and for good reason, taking inspiration from Lionel Messi's dribbling techniques he would love to have his name carved in history as one of the best dribblers of all time.

Comparisons:

Floor: James Rodriguez

Ceiling: Bruno Fernandes

------------------------------------------------

Imjust Ken @Fakemuford:

Hailing from Croatia, Ken is more of a classic no. 10 on the pitch. The creative attacking midfielder has a very good reading of the game even at his young age, being able to spot the open man no matter how well he's being defended. Short passing, long passing, he can do it all. He may not be a very athletic player but his technical skill more than makes up for it, with solid dribbling and top notch passing skills. I think he'll be one of the main runners for top assists in this upcoming academy league season.

Comparison:

Floor: James Maddison

Ceiling: Mesut Özil

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hannah van Garritsen @Reno:

user posted image
(Credits to Reno for the graphic)

Our first defender (as of now) from the Netherlands, van Garritsen has the fundamentals you would expect from a wingback. A decent defender, and smart when it comes to choosing her passes. Alongside that, she's one of the fastest players in the academy next to Klose, able to put on the jets and carry the ball from her half, to the other. Only thing lacking at the moment for her is good crossing ability, sometimes she can whip in the perfect ball, but other times can under or overhit, leading to a loss of possession. To become a full and complete package on the wing, she would have to work on her crossing but other than that, she's very talented and has great potential.

Comparison:

Floor: Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Ceiling: Javier Zanetti

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misagh Khabiri @Parriyah:

user posted image

The goalkeeper from Iran has an interesting reputation. The 22 year old has only played football for 3 years in his life but is a surprisingly talented shot stopper. Prior to joining the academy, he was playing professionally for IFK Eskilstuna in Sweden and had a string of good performances, but he took a risk with giving it up and is now part of the SSL academy looking to make a name for himself. From his time over in Sweden, it is evident that Khabiri is very smart when it comes to reading the opponents and possesses great reflexes and diving to go alongside it, which helped his former team get promoted to the first division of Sweden.

While Khabiri has what you'd expect from a regular keeper in great shot stopping ability, he doesn't seem to possess much skill with his feet, or passing out from the back currently. He has got a cannon of a left leg which he loves to use to boot the ball up the pitch and occasionally his passes can create opportunities for goals, but under pressure he seems to panic and in general isn't fit for the sweeper keeper role that managers have been transitioning to in modern football, so someone of Khabiri's talents may fall out of favour depending on the manager. It would be in his best interests to get better with his feet, but as of now that's not too likely.

Comparison:

Floor: Jordan Pickford

Ceiling: David de Gea

If @Reno turns into Aaron Wan-Bissaka that would be amazing!
[Image: Mikko-Rashford-Sig.gif]

(2024-01-09, 05:32 PM)RashfordU Wrote: If @Reno turns into Aaron Wan-Bissaka that would be amazing!

I dont know who either player Im compared to is
[Image: 8Ej55ed.png][Image: QCU8hz9.png]

(2024-01-10, 01:23 PM)Reno Wrote:
(2024-01-09, 05:32 PM)RashfordU Wrote: If @Reno turns into Aaron Wan-Bissaka that would be amazing!

I dont know who either player Im compared to is

Wan-Bissaka is Man Utd's current RB who's solid, and Zanetti is one of the best rbs who played at inter