Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 08:01 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Season, New Threads
Franco Torres is gearing up for his fourteenth season in the Simulation Soccer League. To put that feat into perspective, consider that only 24 players out of the 74 eligible to play in the league's inaugural season are still active. Of those, another 10 or so have likely already seen their last days in the league. What's even more impressive is that Franco Torres has managed to outlast nearly his entire draft class, after being picked 49th overall (in the ninth and final round that season).

In terms of skill level, it's arguable that Torres isn't close to being one of the top players in the SSL these days. However, he has shown as recently as last season that he's fully capable of producing in the right environment. He netted 14 goals in Division 1 play, helping Torres secure the Golden Boot as the league's top scorer. Including Cup matches, Torres atop all players finding the net 23 times in just as many games. Torres hopes to continue proving that age is just a number as he moves onto his fourth different SSL team. 

We caught up with the striker to get his thoughts on the move. "Tokyo is a team that I've wanted to play with for so long. Back in the day, I saw them as perennial winners, contending for trophies year after year. I've also always been a big fan of their look and branding. I think it's the cleanest in the league and I'm excited to throw that jersey on. I don't know how much more I have in the tank, but I'm hoping to get things off on a good start with my new team. Who knows, maybe they'll add my likeness into the new season of Blue Lock!"
[Image: BecVoHU.gif]