Forum Clock: 2024-07-12 00:05 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justinussen Talks Step Up
Teitur Justinussen, a young Faroese striker, recently played his first game in the SSL Academy with Stockholm IK. We caught up with him after the match.

Q: How do you think your first game went with the club?

Justinussen: I think it went pretty well, all things considered. Obviously, the game didn't end how we wanted it to, with a 4-2 loss, but I'm glad to get my first goal for the club and get my name out there for the SSL managers watching. 

Q: And what about that goal! Talk us through it.

Justinussen: Ali Dia floated the ball in, and I've always backed myself as a pretty strong aerial presence, so it was a simple job of beating my man in the air and nodding it past the keeper. Thankfully I did that, because that was a pinpoint cross, so I'd have kicked myself if I did miss that chance. 

Q: How can you sum up the experience for us?

Justinussen: It wasn't that long ago that I was playing in the Betrideildin for KI at Við Djúpumýrar, which is a great stadium and one that I've spent my life attending matches at, but it's a relatively small stadium that can fit around 2,500 people. If you'd have told me then that I would be playing halfway across the world in Sydney at a stadium like the Roo Ground, which is at least 20 times the size of Við Djúpumýrar, I'd have told you that there was no chance. Yet here I am! It was a brilliant experience, and one that I'll never forget.

Q: And how has it been settling in with your Stockholm teammates?

Justinussen: I'm a relatively quiet guy around new people, so I haven't talked much in the room yet, but as a Nordic player the transition's been as smooth as it possibly could be, going from the Faroes to Sweden. I obviously speak fluent Danish and a couple of the lads on the team do too, so I've been able to talk to them, and I'm currently learning Swedish as well to communicate better in their mother tongue, but we all speak English so it's been relatively easy to communicate with everyone.

Q: Thanks for your time, Teitur. Good luck this season!

Justinussen: Cheers, mate.