Forum Clock: 2024-09-19 10:21 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building A Central Defender
I have hummed and hawed over whether I should do some articles on this, and thought that maybe it might be beneficial for others to have some help on building their players.  We have a sim league that has users from all over and not many people know the ins and outs of the league.  So, welcome to Rashford's build school.

You are more than welcome to comment below and ask any questions, or disagree if you think things should be done differently.  But the following are the tiers in which I put each attribute

S: Decisions
A: Marking - Positioning - Acceleration - Jumping - Pace
B: Heading - Tackling - Anticipation - Agility - Strength
C: Concentration
D: First Touch - Passing - Bravery - Composure - Leadership - Work Rate - Balance
E: Dribbling - Finishing - Long Shots - Technique - Off the Ball - Teamwork - Vision
F: Corners - Crossing - Free Kick - Long Throws - Penalties

NOTE: Some of these may be slightly more or less important based on the role your manager uses you, but that said, this is a generalization.

500 TPE Central Defender Build - A good base to build your player from
[Image: Screenshot_2024-09-02_at_10.30.44_AM.png...4bbee2439&]

Some specific thoughts.  Central Defenders are a great position to have your in-game captain assigned to, as their specific role has a slight bump with the Leadership TPE. 
Your team may prioritize ball movement from defenders, which potentially might have a need from your to develop some of the lower tier attributes.

Based on what I have written above, Central Defenders are a fantastic position for a partial earning player to create as.  You can develop into a very successful Central Defender without your player needing to make it to 2000+ TPE.

Looking forward to the comments
Everyone enjoy your day
Rashford
[Image: Mikko-Rashford-Sig.gif]

Considering this for my next player so this is fantastic, thank you.
[Image: slothfacedkillashl.gif]