Forum Clock: 2024-10-21 16:37 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halfway Point of Academy Season - My Experience
We are almost at the halfway mark of the S17 Academy season as we await Match Day 8 to commence. After 7 matches, it is none other than Sydney City leading the way at 5-2-0. As mentioned in one of my previous articles, I've been enjoying the team/academy experience. Winning definitely helps, as it's something I've become accustomed to in my other sim league that I'm a part of. We've got a few diehards in the Sydney "locker room" that make it fun, so I definitely want to give a shout out to @norththegreatestshowman for being active and making it a great time.

My player, Benecio Aguilera III, is doing much better than I could have hoped, which makes things even more enjoyable. I don't care much about stats but stats for a goalie certainly coincide with winning games, so I'm happy to be able to do both. I'm still trying to figure out the tricks to the trade, as they say, but updating in the portal is simple and very helpful when you pick various archetypes to find out what is important. I'm starting to get to the point now where I'm debating if I should save up TPE to add more points to the important attributes or if I should start rounding out my player a bit more. We'll see, because it's always fun to make attributes go higher, but specializing certain important attributes definitely seems to help. I'll probably just bank until I get drafted and see what the professionals have to say.