Forum Clock: 2024-06-28 02:56 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#3 Media Day [Now Open to S14 Players]
<div align="center"><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2299&view=findpost&p=20194' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Player Page</a><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=224&view=findpost&p=34979' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Task #1 Biography</a><br><a href='http://sslforums.com/index.php?showtopic=423&view=findpost&p=45617' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Task #2 Rookie Season</a></div><br>After loan spells at Athenai FC, AC Romana, and FC Kaapstad, Brock Sherwood became a permanent member of the FC Catalunya matchday squad in Season 9, which also happened to be his age-21 season. This resulted in what Brock privately considers the greatest honor of his career to date, an endorsement deal with St. John, New Brunswick's own Moosehead Breweries. Like many players, the Catalunya midfielder abstains during the season for the sake of his fitness, but during off-periods can frequently be found with a cold Canadian brew close to hand. He has never strayed far from his working-class Haligonian roots, and has been known to join the patrons of small Halifax dives for a rousing chorus or two of <i>Barrett's Privateers</i>. While beers from Halifax and greater Nova Scotia's noted craft breweries, like Propeller, Garrison, and Big Spruce, have popped up on the midfielder's social media accounts from time to time, Brock's first love and go-to since he was a youth has always been Moosehead. Canada's oldest independent brewery and the largest brewery in the country to be fully Canadian-owned, Moosehead has been brewing their award-winning lager since 1867. Brock shot a television commercial for the brand featuring stunts such as dribbling through a slalom course of Moosehead bottles, chugging a beer while doing keepie-uppies, and removing the cap from a bottle of lager with a precise free kick.<br><br>&quot;Hiya b'ys, it's Brock Sherwood 'ere, and I plays soccer in Spain, but I was born 'n' raised in Halifax and I's got the accent t' prove it! Now my partic'l'r sport ain't on ice, but my beers always is! So when yer done wit yer round of pawnd hawkey or havin' a kickabout wit yer buddies, do what I does and git yerself an ice-cold longneck of Moosehead Lager! Why? 'Cuz it's a hard-workin' Canadian original, jus' like you 'n' me, eh? And before I go have meself another, I's s'posed to tell yer ta enjoy Moosehead responsibly, meanin', pay fer yer round when it's yer turn, and don't git on yer sled when ya's had one too many, ya hoser, or you'll have to be havin' a not-sa-friendly word wit yer local Mountie, eh? Moosehead Lager, a New Brunswick tradition since 1867.&quot;<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</b></span>

<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=423&st=90&#' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Task 2</a><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=3437' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Player page</a><br><br><br>Muunokhoi's tried to imagine his brothers and their Sumo stablemates in Japan watching this commercial in Japan, now that it was &quot;going viral.&quot;<br><br>He hadn't watched it himself since the filming. <br><br><i>&quot;Moon Boy mushrooms show you the hidden world.&quot;</i><br>It cut from a friendly animation of pink mushroom clouds to show Muunokhoi drinking mushroom tea from a cup with the company's moon-and-mushroom logo. He inhaled the aroma, opened his eyes, and...<br>...the white background suddenly swirled with paisley, moons and mushrooms again, and the animator even thoughtfully added a well-done animation of the phases of the moon, in pink, across Muunokhoi's irises. <br><br>&quot;<i>Spaß!</i>,&quot; the moon-eyed Muunokhoi in the video said. Then some on-screen text rapidly dispensed with some vital legalese, which no one would notice with Muunokhoi's eyes continuing to cycle through phases of the moon like that. He thought he looked almost handsome. Maybe he would get some contact lenses like that designed for him.<br><br>Muunokhoi had turned down several advertising opportunities and sponsorships. And in the end, he approached Moon Boy mushrooms rather than the other way around. He'd tried their newest product after practice, then couldn't tell when his waking hours ended and sleep began. In his dreams, he had become the mushroom god on the soccer pitch, able to summon patches of fungi from the area to completely screw with opposing attackers, who were oddly wearing Smurf hats.<br><br>The next day, he returned to Moon Boy proposing to be their spokesperson, saying their product had the potential to be a powerful part of his mental training regimen. <br><br>A tall and strange Mongolian already well-known to both local sports fans and even better-known to local hippies turned out to be just the kind of spokesperson Moon Boy could go for. The deal was done quickly.<br><br>But now, when he looked back to those dreams, he saw himself with the moon-phase eyes. And visualizing the opposing team's attackers as frustrated Smurfs was already helping his game.<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=3466&view=findpost&p=35773' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Player Page</a><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=423&view=findpost&p=46906' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>CPT #2</a><br><br>Who in their right minds would sponsor the most vulgar, unhinged, unfiltered person in sports history? Well, to some, bad publicity is still publicity, and so did Junior land a massive sponsorship with an automobile entrepreneur, who is supposed to release his car, named Chaos, since a few years ago, but there have been some issues with the production lines, that only two cars have been successfully assembled and confirmed functional. A prototype, and the one given to Junior as part of an endorsement. They even filmed a clip, to be used as advertisement material, with Junior driving it. And his dumbass managed to crash it onto a tree going full speed. He missed a left turn and went straight to a tree nearby. How did he manage to do that, considering he has had NASCAR training, with was his other target career. I guess he did the right thing choosing football, even though you can't miss a left turn during a NASCAR race. Anyway, the damages caused to the car were hige, but Junior would not have to pay anything, just because of the publicity the whole ordeal gave to Chaos. Just the fact that someone managed to get their hands on the car and drive it was enough to give the entrepreneur enough credibility that work is being done. The entrepreneur's creditors gave him even more money, all thanks to that crash, speeding up the production line and leading to a complete first batch of a thousand vehicles to be completed and delivered three months after the crash. For that, Junior was given enough money to not have to worry about it anymore, and was given one of the cars from that first batch, as a gift. As for Chaos, it has become a success, with orders surpassing the delivery rate.<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=3618&view=findpost&p=37238' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Player Page</a><br><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=423&view=findpost&p=49008' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>#2 Rookie Season</a><br><br>Announcer: Welcome fans and reporters to the official start of the season... Media Day! We are streaming live on Peacock around the world; now please welcome our first player to the stage, midfielder for Hollywood FC; Kurt Lightning!<br><br>Lighting: Glad and honored to be here everyone; I'll take the first question. Oh, and of course thanks to Peacock for sponsoring this event.<br><br>Reporter 1: What is your game plan for the week 1 game against Reykjavik United?<br><br>Lightning: They have an awesome offensive team and I am going to play the best defense possible so fans watching the game live on Peacock feel like our defense is impenetrable; we're hoping for a clean sheet win to start the season!<br><br>Reporter 2: After a surprise regression two seasons ago your team was demoted to league 2 and you fought to be promoted back to the league 1 last season. How do you think your team will do this year?<br><br>Lighting: Yeah, if you were able to catch any of the league 2 games on Peacock last season, we were the bet of the bunch so we're going to try and win the championship this year. Two years ago was a fluke. This team is not a fluke.<br><br>Reporter 3: You're still waiting for your first career goal... is this the season?<br><br>Lighting: If it is, my first career goal will be seen worldwide streaming live on Peacock. And that's exciting.<br><br>Reporter 4: I had a different question to ask but, are you being paid to shill Peacock?<br><br>Lighting: I'm not shilling. I'm an official corporate sponsor for Peacock, it's an amazing way to watch live soccer and I hope to see you watching all season!<br><br>Announcer: And that's all the time we have today; thank you Kurt Lightning for taking time out of your 'busy schedule; and please send your thanks to the Peacock streaming service for putting this event together.<br><br><!--c1--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='CODE-WRAP'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->320 Words<!--c2--></td></tr></table><!--ec2--><br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>
[Image: KNiyIzX.gif]

Career PT #2

In a a move that brought a touch of Scottish flair to the world of football sponsorships, Scottish central defender Duncan Maxwell secured a landmark deal with the renowned Carbost Spirits, a local whiskey distillery nestled in the heart of Scotland's whisky country. Hailing from the whisky haven of Carbost, Maxwell's partnership with Carbost Spirits wasn't just a sponsorship deal; it was a celebration of local heritage and a marriage of footballing prowess with the rich, peaty flavors of the Scottish spirit. It also was an apparent no-brainer as Maxwell's parents are active in the business aswell. Maxwell himself was open in interviews of haviong a good Scotch from time to time, especiall ywhen he doesn't have to prepare for matchdays. While Canadian Whsiky has it's own merits (Maxwells words) he regularily imports original Scotch from his home country over the ocean, since he just enjoys it more, sharing it with teammates that come over from time to time.

However, this partnership is more than a celebration of whisky; it carries a social responsibility message. In an unique clause embedded in the sponsorship agreement, Carbost Spirits committs a significant portion of their partnership funds to an awareness campaign against underage drinking and drunk driving. This innovative approach aims to leverage Maxwell's influence as a football star to address critical social issues, aligning the sponsorship with a noble cause that apparently resonates with the local community.

The awareness campaign, led by Maxwell and supported by Carbost Spirits, seeks to educate young individuals about the perils of underage drinking while also advocating for responsible consumption among adults. It is a testament to how sports and corporate partnerships could be a force for positive change, using the popularity of soccer as a platform to tackle societal challenges head-on.

APPROVED
[Image: qCoEj3h.png]
Sig by Pandar

Career Task #2
Player Page

Hailing from the Chinese coastal city of Qingdao, Wang Zhihao was something of a known celebrity for sports fans in the area. Chinese soccer fans knew the young midfielder already, but those in Qingdao hold an extra level of support and passion for the local boy. Several places in town had given small contracts to appear on a products or in some social media ad's; however, Zhihao had yet to make any big money sponsorships. Finally that changed, with Qingdao Style Root Beer. Qingdao has long since been famous for its “Tsingdao” beer, but a new non-alcoholic alternative had been sweeping through the city. What better way to cash in on the craze than to recruit another face growing in fame around the region, Wang Zhihao.

During the off-season, the young Chinese midfielder returned home to help record a series of commercials for the new root beer. The first was something rather comical and light hearted, Zhihao watching a soccer game in a park, taking a drink of Qingdao Style Root Beer, and then joining the game only to immediately score a free kick. The second in line was something rather standard as well, Zhihao signing autographs in a press conference room, drinking his own root beer, and even making a show of it to sign a fan’s own can when they come up for their turn. Lastly, and the favorite of the bunch, was simply a shot of Zhihao on top of a skyscraper with Qingdao city in the background along with a bit of oceanscpae. It was a stylish evening night shot, where Zhihao enjoys a drink and then looks into the camera to deliver the line “You already know it’s the best, after all, its from Qingdao”

Zhihao also agreed to take part in a few social media campaigns and spent an afternoon doing a photo shoot for the company. Both the commercials and the pictures were scheduled to be released through WeChat and QQ throughout the year, another reason to focus on getting the best performances possible. However, Zhihao doesn’t really drink soda, so they day after all the filming, the young midfielder was feeling a bit sick, and had to increase his running training for a few days to work off those root beer calories consumed.

APPROVED - do bring a case of that stuff to the SFV locker room @Puppy

Player Page
Career PT #2

With Heather Bull coming from the USA and gaining attention of the SSL league quickly with her soccer skills as well as coming from a popular band before changing careers, it didn't take long for her to pick up a sponsorship and was filming commercials and getting pasted on billboards before she knew it.

For the very first time Fender USA, well known manufacturer of guitars and bases, will be sponsoring a soccer player! While playing with Chronic Tooth, Fender was her brand of choice when playing bass. Now that she's playing soccer it was a great opportunity to get their name out to Europe where Bull was playing! The billboard adds would show Heather in her USA jersey with a Fender Bass around her neck and a soccer ball balanced on her head. The TV commercials had Heather doing what she used to do on stage, rocking out on stage playing bass while also heading incoming soccer balls back out to the crowd. If no one had previously witnessed this talent that Bull showcase, it was now on full display everywhere and it quickly spread across the USA. Bull now had fans all around the world.

One thing this sponsorship did bring up was Heather Bull's possible return back to the music world. Was her sponsorship an attempt at getting gear to perform again? Was this a potential sign that her old band, Chronic Tooth, was getting back together for a reunion? Bull made a statement during a media day that this was a Fender's idea to reach out and showcase her unique talent as well as an opportunity to showcase an outstanding female athlete. Some of Bull's former bandmates were also interviewed about this and they responded with similar responses. Chronic Tooth is definitely not getting back anytime soon but they all wished Heather Bull the best in her career and think that what she's doing is amazing.

APPROVED @CapnCooper - I do like a nice Fender bass when I play fretted.

Jude Greer Player Page
Career Task 1: Biography
Career Task 2: Rookie Season

Even on the day of the shoot, Jude wasn't entirely sure it was a great idea.

Sure, the company had been a Tennessee institution since the olden times, and Tokyo SC had been gracious enough to let him skip training for a couple of days to arrange everything, but was it really a good look for an active professional soccer player to be shilling Jack Daniel's whiskey? After all, it wasn’t like he even drank the stuff. Much.

Yet there he was, posing like some sort of cowboy with his foot on a fake wooden fence, whiskey bottle precariously balanced on one of the posts as the shutters clicked incessantly off to one side. He wiped his brow with the sleeve of his flannel shirt. These lights--not to mention the laser-focused stares of the production team and the corporate suit-wearing types--were starting to make him think he was back in the Egyptian desert with Cairo City.

"Just a few more, Mr. Greer," someone said. Jude tried to nod without breaking the composition of the shot. He'd tried to look around more at first, but some artsy type kept yelling at him whenever he did, so now he was trying as hard as he could to remain stock still and not spill the whiskey in his hand. Didn't help that the flannel was really starting to itch.

"All clear," the same voice said a few moments later, and Jude finally exhaled. Lifting his foot back off the faux wood, he strode back behind the camera line to see the results.

There he was, looking for all the world like the quintessential country boy--dressed in flannel and denim, staring off camera into the distance, left leg propped up on the fence with a glass of ostensibly ice-could liquor in his hand. A soccer ball sat, almost awkwardly, just in the corner of the frame, a tangential reminder of this alcohol spokesman's day job that seemed to be drowned out by the visual cacophony of Americana at play. And right there by his foot--his left foot, his good foot--was the real star, the immaculately-framed bottle of Jack.

"That's fine," one of the men in suits said, scanning the results. "Pick the best few shots, send them to editing, we can aftertouch if we have to." He turned to Jude. "Think that's all we need from you, Mr. Greer. Thanks for coming out."

"Pleasure's mine, sir," Jude grinned. "Any idea when this goes live?"

The man waved him off, as if not hearing his question. Jude waited for a moment to see if anyone else would chime in. When nobody did, he simply shrugged, said his goodbyes, then grabbed his agent and left.

Two weeks later, Jude saw a photo of the ad as it had run in Times Square in New York. The whiskey bottle was framed perfectly, as was Jude...mostly.

As Jude looked closer at the ad, he noticed something peculiar: the top of the image cut off just above his shoulders. The only part of his body that had been omitted from it was his head--an artistic decision that, while striking, had rendered him completely unidentifiable. Even the soccer ball, seemingly an afterthought in the shoot, had made it in, and yet his face had been cropped out. It might as well have been his teammate Sky Ryze in the shot, for all the good it had done.

Jude grumbled to himself. Maybe he should have taken a second look at that contract...

(582 words)

APPROVED @Metafiction - some lovely storytelling there.
[Image: s7qRFFN.png]

https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/showt...8#pid61938 - Career task 2

My first national sponsorship was prime. Being at a young part of my career it was not expected, but matches the high personality of a striker. He is known for being loud and expressive when he scores and putting his emotion on the pitch. Not being scared to show how he feels. Best thing he can do is to continue doing that and keep being who he is and that will continue to look good and get the brand out there and being afraid to be himself. For a brand having a player that is loud and will get seen is something you want to be your player and being able to get all the media attention and not being afraid to attach your name to those types of players is how prime is. I am excited to represent the company as I score goals and make highlights plays for my club and being able to get even more play there is awesome to have. Being able to capitalize off this for my own popularity is great and making it a win, win for both companies. Continitng to be myself will be what prime wants. Maybe even being more aggressive and being more loud with who I am gaining more confidence in my own character and not being afraid to do so. I am happy the company is not trying to control who I am trying to be and happy to promote who I am and not being afraid to do so. Hoping I can have my play get even better which could lead to a bigger deal with them and a continuation. I want to show out not only for me and my club but for the company who is taking a risk on me and supporting me at this point. I am not established yet and them being able to do that for me is awesome.

APPROVED @jj2416 Thanks for adding the player page link.

https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/showt...068-Player Page

Player Page
Career PT #2

One would imagine that being born in the city with the oldest beer brewery in the world, you’d almost be destined to enjoy a beer or two, or even more than that. Yet Erik Beermann never did grow accustomed to either the taste or the feeling of being drunk. He tried it in his later teen years, more than enough of it really. The older he got, the less he drank of it. At first going for the non-alcoholic versions of whatever was available but Beermann always kept look out for alternatives and quickly found his calling: Germany’s own: Malzbier – malt beer.

A change of drinking habits that made this off-season even more exciting once his agent had called him about an commercial offer they had received. It was for a malt beer brand. Knabe Malz was it’s name and it was no surprise that he was the one that got chosen for this. Coming from the president of Eintracht Spandau, a club mostly known for it’s eSports involvement who recently dabbled into soccer in the form of Germany’s ‚Baller League‘ President Knabe had a fabel for the more unusual marketing places.

A player from the SSL only came in handy for that. For both sides of the coin. Beermann could use his likeness for a product he enjoyed himself and both give SSL a little reputation boost as well as getting a little bit of money on the side. After a few days of visiting friends and family back in the south of Germany, Erik made his way to Berlin – the place where Knabe Malz originates from. Spandau, Berlin to be exact.

The first day was mostly just going over the more direct contractual obligations, with the first few shots for the commercial being filmed. For accurate shots from an actual football pitch the crew used Spandau’s Sportplatz Ziegelhof, a stadium used by lower league club FC Spandau 06. Beermann was filmed doing various tackles, interceptions and fouls – the actions he had become most known for in his short time in the SSL. After those sliding tackles he was directed to stand back up, catch the can of Knabe Malz and turn towards the camera.

„Erst knackt’s, dann knallt’s - Knabe Malz!“

It was the catchphrase of the product and with the meaning of ‚knallt‘s’ being something along the lines of crack, crash or pop the obvious shot right after taking a sip of it was to rather harshly foul his imaginary opponent on the pitch – a wilhelm scream being heard off screen as the screen fades to black and the logo of the drink was being shown.

It was the main day of the shooting, while a few more days were scheduled in and around Berlin for Beermann, it meant parting ways with his new found sponsoring partner. He would come back into the studio tomorrow morning to take a few more promotional pictures before being off to explore the capitol of Germany and doing all your typical tourist attractions, including paying a visit to the Stadion An Der Alten Försterei where Union Berlin hosts FC St. Gallen for a friendly.

APPROVED @Durodo. Wholesome!