Forum Clock: 2026-09-28 19:08 PDT
 


Walker hat-trick highlight of Catalunya win
#1
A 4-1 win against Xelaju Cosmico Futbol Club was no more than Catalunya deserved after putting on a clinic after a slow start. It took Catalunya conceding after 34 minutes to finally wake up and play the football we have come to expect from the front runners this season.

The team played brilliantly to turn around the match and it was Luke Walker who dragged them over the line ending the game as the man of the match with 3 goals and an assist to his name. He was involved in everything throughout the game and a constant pain in the neck for the opposition. Much was discussed prior to this match of this being Walker's return to his first club with many feeling he would have a point to prove. I think we can safely say that the point was made with authority.

Luke Walker had this to say after the match:

What a result! We started slowly, looked lazy in possession and gave it away too easily for 30 minutes. They then punished us and we deserved it but after that it seemed to shake us up and we started to play with more confidence and dictate the tempo of the match. I feel the result was more than a fair result with us unlucky not to register a few more goals. Of course much of the talking points before the game was about me coming back to the team that drafted me. And rightly so, I perhaps should have been on the other team doing this for them in the league. But things happen and circumstances change but I'm happy to now have them being concerned about me and have Catalunya fans singing my name. I'm in the best place for me. As well as I played during the match it doesn't happen without the support on the pitch from the players and from the management. I can't win or lose by myself, we always win or lose as a team. But this team doesn't look like it is built to lose. The best thing for my career was coming here and I will continue to prove that each week for the faith they had in me to become the best player in the league.
Find  0 0 0 0
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2026 Melroy van den Berg.