Forum Clock: 2026-10-06 02:16 PDT
 


The Goalden Touch
#1
With this season coming close to the end, big performances will be needed, a spark of creativity to split open a defence, a moment of magic to get the winning goal or a last ditch defensive effort to stop a goal that can change the game.

With Catalunya now needing some help in their quest for the title, they will still be looking inward to their own players to provide that pressure and get the goals they need to keep up their challenge. Nobody has been more important for them than Luke Walker when it comes to putting the ball into the back of the net, having done so 9 times already during the league season. The next top scorer has been Kawasaki with 3, very respectable from a centre back but perhaps highlights an issue without the team. Goals from elsewhere are proving tough to come by. This of course won't be a worry to Luke Walker, who thrives on being the main source of these goals and will hope to continue on doing this. We actually asked him and this and here is what he had to say about his scoring exploits.

"The lack of goals throughout the team isn't a concern, you can definitely make a story out of this. But I see it more as a team that is built to deliver goals to their most consistent threat, me. Would I love more goals from around me? Who wouldn't but football doesn't work like that at times. It's about creating the best opportunity on the pitch and putting it into the back of the net. I can count a few occasions where a team-mate could have shot and more than likely scored themselves, but they chose a better pass to me or someone else which in turn was a better opportunity and I put it in the net. Stats can be looked at many ways but without the full context they can always be skewed. I'm thankful to have Ahmed, Fuecoco and Salazar in this team. They make scoring easy. They put chances on a plate for me and those around them. They have shown they have the vision to turn a good chance into a great one. Without them I wouldn't be fighting for the Golden Boot award. And IF I manage to win it, it will be as much theirs as it is mine. So yeah I would love them to score more goals, but don't water down their intelligent play through lack of goals in their stats, the assists column backs that up that they are delivering and then some!"
Find  0 0 0 0
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2026 Melroy van den Berg.