Forum Clock: 2026-10-05 21:28 PDT
 


Third Time Was Not the Charm
#1
"I see what you're doing, you know?"

The accusatory words were nothing new, every time I meet up with Kaz Okada, he's blaming me for something. Last week, in between schedules, he blamed me for his lunch being bad. Not only had I not been around at lunch, I didn't even know what he had.

"What is it this time?"

"You're causing us to get all of these draws. No losses, so it doesn't seem suspicious, but you're not helping us win, either."

"And how exactly am I supposed to do that, Kaz?"

"I don't know, just do what you're doing to make us tie and instead make us win!"

I just stare at him for a second, not sure what the hell I'm supposed to say to that. Three straight matches Kaapstad finished with a 1-1 Draw against their opponents, Krung Thep, CS Rova Mpanjaka, and finally North Shore United. 

"How many times do I have to tell you? I want you guys to win, not lose or draw. We both do better the better you do. Why do you think I'd want you to tie a bunch?"

He stays quiet. His vision then moves down to the front of my shirt.  To my tie. He goes to speak again, the wheels turning in his head.

"Don't. Just don't."


Code:
Word Count: 220 Words
Find  0 0 0 0
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2026 Melroy van den Berg.