Forum Clock: 2026-10-09 16:19 PDT
 


From the Wings
#1
I finally took some time to catch up on a couple of matchdays here after probably missing all of this season. I’ve been doing a lot of criticizing and complaining in the last few weeks for a guy who literally has not watched a game. Real diehard fan behaviour on my end. As Liffeyside is working on securing their next contracts for the upcoming chapter, I thought it might be a good idea to see where we are before rambling about our potential future. My role is largely being a vacuum in the midfield defensively. My goal is to drive offense outside, and swallow any sort of left to right action. I couldn’t really tell you how that’s going since those aren’t the kinds of plays that show on the streams, but given our goal differential I would hope to see improvements. The problem really does lie in the fact that our offense, and our defense in a sense run through the wings. Anything dangerous that does happen has to come from the wingbacks, and the big burden of defending real chances also lies on them. Cue has been quite the playmaker but is largely inactive and not developing. Bahl on the other side is one of our older players and has also screeched to a halt. With a young and growing offensive group, the veteran keystones have disappeared, and that will be a major point to address in this next chapter.
Find  0 0 0 0
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2026 Melroy van den Berg.