Forum Clock: 2024-07-02 08:32 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#5 Representing Your Nation [Now Open to S12 Players]
<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1287&view=findpost&p=41483' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Fara Dian CPT #4</a><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2685&view=findpost&p=25207' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Fara Dian Player Page</a><br><br>As the first Moroccan to play in the SSL, Fara Dian should perhaps not be surprised to be called up to the <i>Équipe</i>. Even after a Division 2 Team of the Year award, he may always see himself as an outsider who remains overlooked and unappreciated. His childhood leaves him feeling 100% Moroccan but his parentage strands him half-and-half. Now playing the professional game in Germany, he could have pursued a place on <i>die Mannschaft</i> but his heart will forever be in Casablanca.<br><br>African football has always been heavily patriotic, with so many players on other continents for their professional careers, coming home to represent your country is an incredible honor. Fara spent several seasons still in Africa though, playing in Ghana, so the distance had not registered with him previously. But now two seasons into his German career, the trip back to the desert shows him Morocco anew. The sky and land are both bright and Fara has to squint at first. The air is dry and the breeze is filled with the grit of salt air and sandy vistas. It is a return to the roots that encouraged him to embrace fun and creativity despite the harshness of the world.<br><br>And what are the Atlas Lions like under his captaincy? Unlike Schwarzwalder, here the team is placed entirely upon his shoulders. He is asked to score and to create and the pressure can feel relentless. His teammates, though, are nothing but supportive. Their team has long been ignored, with their successes several decades in the past. Everyone is eager to learn and Fara is no different. Every trip to Morocco is re-energizing to him and to his game. While they may not find victory in their international matches, the Lions will be focused on their experience together and on growing the game with the hope that more Moroccans (the next generation perhaps, if not these players themselves) can make it to the SSL and beyond.<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</b></span>
[Image: S10.png]

<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2750' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Player Page</a><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1287&view=findpost&p=44015' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>#4 Versatility</a><br><br>Finally, after all these seasons playing in the simulation soccer league Furious Chicken got the call-up to the dutch national team. Despite still being a division 2 player the national team coach liked what he saw and brought Chicken onto the national team. For Furious Chicken this was another dream come true, following up great dutch wingers like Sjaak Swart, Coen Moulijn, Piet Kijzer, or of course the more recent Marc Overmars. Each great wingers in their own right, and now it was Chicken’s goal to join this group of elite dutch wingers, and hopefully even surpass them all. Of course the first hurdle to overcome was getting into the national team, which is done now. Now it is all about overtaking the current wingers for the starting position of the national team. Which will not be the easiest task to do. Maybe the current group of wingers aren’t some of the all-time greats they are all great players in their own right. With Ajax’ Steven Bergwijn, Everton’s Arnaut Danjuma, PSV’s Noa Lang, Liverpool’s Cody Gakpo, and Atlético Madrid’s Memphis Depay (when he isn’t playing striker) some of the current best dutch wingers (I am probably forgetting someone here), and the dutch national team not always playing with wingers during the most recent international periods, which follow the line set by the previous 2 managers. It will be difficult enough to surpass the other great wingers the dutch already have, but if the winger position does not get used it will be significantly harder for Furious Chicken to fit into the dutch team, he can play on the right wingback position, but he is significantly worse at that, and there he needs to fight for that position with players like Fulham’s Kenny Tete, Roma’s Rick Karsdorp, Bayern Leverkussen’s Jeremie Frimpong (if he ever gets called up), and nowadays especially Denzel Dumfries from Inter Milan who has been the right wingback in the most recent international periods.<br><br>326 words<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1287&st=15&#entry27201' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Career PT #4 Hugh Mann</a><br><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1156' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Hugh Mann Page</a><br><br>Hugh Mann has FINALLY gotten to what one might call the pinnacle of his sport! He has been called up to the American Men’s National Team! It’s an exciting time for Hugh, who has long waited for this opportunity. It will finally be a time for him to play with some of the biggest names in SSL today. With players such as Mike Rup, Luke Laraque, Bud-Lite McGuirk, David Doug, Gary Hog, Rob Tucker, Half Time Orange Slices and Pork Tenderloin. This is in Hugh’s opinion a whos’ who of big names in the league spanning from its first season to today. Hugh doesn’t care about position, just that he gets a chance to show his quality on a larger international scale. He can scuttle left, he can scuttle right, he can get the ball in the net. What more can a player ask for, but to do what he loves (like a lobster who eats the Earthican flag) just because he can! Its quite a big moment, but its more than that, it is also such a humbling moment that not every player is able to experience. Be it injury, timing, manager changes, or just plain bad form, there are plenty of players, (not just a list of good players, but players who might not just fit in at their clubs) who never get this opportunity so its also an honor to be so humbled that Hugh was selected to represent his nation. All Hugh can do at this point is to look forward to a hopeful long career with the national team and an increase in trophies and stats that could come with it. After all if as a professional athlete you aren’t trying to prove yourself at the highest level possible while excelling, what is the point of doing this at all?<br><br>(305)<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2663' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Tamanna Player Page</a><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1287&view=findpost&p=42689' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Task 4</a><br><br><br>Tamanna is walking out on to the pitch. He is dressed in a savory blue colored jersey. This is a drastic color change from the jerseys Tamana has worn for Accra and now at SFV. It is becuase tamnna is walking on to the pitch not representing those teams this time. He has been called up for his first national team appearance. He is proudly representing the Azzurri, team Italy in the prominent blues. He can't believe this is finally occuring. he gets to represent not just a small town in germany, but his home nation. He remembers the emotions he felt when watching the Italian natioals play in past world cups, thus he tries to imagine the emotions all these thousands of fans are feeling seeing him and his team mates walk on to the field representing the country. There is also a feeling of commradiere amongst the unit, several of his national teammates he has only competed against in SSL play. such as Coffee Biscuit who is with Cairo. But there is also Adam Rage who is on SFV's new sister team Montreal. As well as Alessio Calvatore, whom Tamanna never had the pleasure to play against but is excited to play with. Although the match is only a friendly, each of them has the same goal, play and compete well enough to be selected for future matchs to earn a spot playing in the world cup. he knows that regardless of the score outcome, if he plays as well here as he always does for SFV he will be called back to the national team in the future. that thpought calms him down and prepares him for the game just as italy's national anthem begins to play though all those nerves come flooding back in. Tamanna can't help it, this match will be his most emotional one of his career thus far.<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

#4 task

[as translated from Mongolian into captions by Youtube's closed-captioning AI] 

Hello children!

I am Muunokhoi Sarantsatsral, goalkeeper for both Greater Mongolia and BlackForestFooballCollective. The Minister of Culture of Mongolia has asked me to come talk to you about soccer and life and dreams. Your teachers have tweeted me their questions and I answer them.

AnnexInnerMongolia asks:
How do I make my soccer dreams come true like Muunokhoi?

Well, AnnexInnerMongolia, I say let your dreams change with your life. My big brothers were both tall and heavy. When they went to join Sumo wrestling collectives in Japan, I wanted to do that too. But I could never put on weight like them, so even though I went to Japan, my sumo dreams had to change. I was growing tall and strong. I was a bad baseball pitcher. So, I started dreaming soccer dreams. I would say: start by dreaming all you want to be. Then dream more about what you really can be.

ChinggisMofo asks:
Why were players from other countries on your team in the World Challenge?

I admonish you, Chinggis - with your name you should honour the tradition of looking at all other nations as potential parts of Mongolia. Other people add to the world, and it is our duty to add them to Mongolia to add to its greatness. I only ever called my team "Greater Mongolia." I will accept no other name until it is simply "Mongolia." You must open your mind to foreign people and ways - I recommend mushrooms.

MotorbikeNomad44 asks:
How can I make the national team like you?

MotorbikeNomad44, you must migrate wherever you can become the best soccer player possible. My journey took me to Japan, Ghana, and Germany, and since then the world. If Mongolia does not have the life and soccer lessons you need, make soccer your herd and follow where are good soccer grazing grounds. When enough of us have done this, we can return to Mongolia and the soccer lessons will be a shorter migration for the next soccer generation. The nomad way is best.

APPROVED

https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/showt...0#pid61940- Task 4

To be called up to the USA team is a dream come true. Being able to now live out what I wanted to for the start. USA has not been known for the greatest of teams but being able to have a hyped young star out on the pitch is giving the team hope for now and the future. Being able to show what I am doing and where I can go. Showing myself at the highest of levels and stakes is what I wanna be known for. Now that I am here I need to show why I am here and why I deserve to be here at the end of the day. I can not wait to see how well I can do. I am playing with pulisc the other hope for USA hoping to make a dent in the cup that USA has not been able to do for a very long time. As America has had a huge increase in the soccer sphere we wanna be able to show how far we have come I want to be known for some of the performance that i have while wearing the USA kit. Cup is the ultimate stage of where I need to be and where I should be. Highest stakes putting a whole country on its back and not just a club fans, but ten times that amount. Being nervous but excited to finally be able to live out the dream since I started playing soccer. I know I can make a huge impact and as I get better I will be able to eventually lead this time to the promise land that we need to be at and making sure I do not disappoint anyone will bring a lot of pressure I am ready for and will take on as much as I can. I am proud ot represent my country as much as possible,

APPROVED @jj2416 Thanks for adding the player page link.

https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/showt...068-Player Page

Player page
Career PT 4

When Heather Bull was selected to be a member of team USA for the international tournament it was a huge surprise. This soccer career had just continued to unroll itself in such a fast and furious way since she quit her band and it now continued to do so. From touring the United States to now representing it as a member of the national team was a fever dream. 

Although Bull was certainly talented enough to be selected for the roster, she still wasn’t expecting to be among the best players in the USA. She took the opportunity to wear the national kit and took advantage of learning from some very talented players who would become her teammates for the short time being. Some of those teammates were fans of her former music and now following her soccer career, while others didn’t feel like she quite belonged. Bull eventually won them over by being a prime example of an athlete who works hard and strives to put everything out there on the field. 

Bull did not get a lot of playtime during her time on the team but was the best cheerleader the team could have. Cheering on her teammates and much like trying to get the best out of herself, was trying to get the best out of them. Bull would end up playing 90 minutes for team USA. She did not score any goals or assists. She would make make for a good teammate all the same with a 91.4 pass percentage.

In the end this was all about the experience for Bull. She knew she may never have this opportunity again but being able to represent her country that has given her so much.was so much more than she could ask for. Her family, friends and fans were all elated and excited for her. She knew now she had to take this pride and everything she’s learned back with her to her new team in SFV and help them achieve their goal of champions.

APPROVED @CapnCooper - keep on rockin'.

Jude Greer Player Page
Career Task 1: Biography
Career Task 2: Rookie Season
Career Task 3: Media Day
Career Task 4: Versatility

[The following is a transcript from the post-match press conference following a recent United States Men’s National Team friendly. Jude Greer, a young left fullback, has just made his first appearance as a member of the national setup, and has been asked to address the media.]

GREER: Okay, let’s go. Hey, y’all, good to be here. Uh…fire away, I guess. [general murmuring] Uh…how ‘bout you first?

REPORTER: Thank you. Lacey Burke, USA Today. First of all, congratulations on your first international appearance, Jude.

GREER: Thanks. It feels amazing. Y’know, in some places, they call ‘em “caps.” Never understood that. What, do they give ya a baseball cap every time? [laughter] I bet Messi and Ronaldo must have a whole room full of nothin’ but ballcaps at this point. [more laughter] Maybe they put ‘em in with their trophies or somethin’, I dunno.

BURKE: Well, in any case, it was a strong performance on your part, but ultimately a losing effort in what many predicted would be an easy victory. How does that result affect the occasion for you?

GREER: Well, I’ll be honest, it ain’t a great feeling to lose under any circumstances. But credit to the other guys for fighting back, they beat us fair. No excuses. But overall, though, I’m just glad to be here. I’ve been dreaming of playing for the USMNT for…well, shoot, my whole life, I guess. [murmuring] Let’s see…how ‘bout you?

REPORTER: Skye Douglas, the Athletic. An assist on your international debut, not a bad way to announce yourself. Can you talk us through that play?

GREER: Sure. Love the accent, by the way. That Scottish? [inaudible response] Yeah, figured. Well, back at Tokyo, I’m cutting out passes on the flank all the time. So when I saw their winger trying to make a run, I knew the ball was coming. So I just jumped in front, took the ball away and started running, and when I looked in the middle, I saw Weston [McKennie] breaking for the box. Wes’s a bit shorter’n Sky Ryze, but I figured that didn’t matter much, so I just hit it the same as I would for Sky. The finish was all Wes, though. Guy’s got a great header. We’ve been working on that in training for the last couple days. [murmuring] Back in the back there.

REPORTER: Cameron Wallace, ESPN. That Weston McKennie goal came right before halftime, and it was the only shot on target for the USMNT in the first half. You and McKennie both were among the players brought off at halftime, and the US went on to lose 3-1. Do you think the manager got it wrong?

GREER: Look, I ain’t no tactician. My job is to go out there and put in the work while I’m on the field. I can’t do any more than that.

WALLACE: But 3-1? Against the Bahamas? Surely a more competent manager would have been able to win handily with this squad.

GREER: Hey, those Bahama guys are pretty good. Just because we’re the favorites don’t mean we automatically win. Soccer wouldn’t be fun if the favorites won all the time. Shoot, it’d be like if Manchester City won the Premier League every season.

[brief silence as Greer casts a knowing stare of disappointment through the fourth wall]

WALLACE: But if [USMNT manager Gregg] Berhalter and Gio Reyna hadn’t gotten into that fight in the 56th minute--

GREER: Hey now, that’s three questions! Quit hoggin’ the spotlight and let someone else talk. [murmuring] Uh…up near the front here.

REPORTER: Thank you. Trent Crimm, the Independent.

GREER: Hang on, ain’t you that guy from Ted Lasso? I thought you weren’t real.

CRIMM: Neither is anyone else in this room.

GREER: Fair enough. Whatcha got for me, Trent?

CRIMM: You don’t seem especially bothered by the defeat today. Most players would be a bit more introspective after being defeated by an opponent so far below them in the FIFA World Rankings, and yet here you are, as sanguine as ever. Are you merely trying to put on a brave face, or does a loss like this truly not affect you?

GREER: Well, it’s a friendly, ain’t it? Sure, I’d have preferred to win, but it ain’t like they knocked us out of the World Cup. And sure, Gio and Coach both getting red carded sucks, ain’t no getting around that. And then there was the thing with Serge’s [Sergiño Dest] knee, and the own goal from Walker [Zimmerman], and it all just kinda went wrong. [pause] But that just happens sometimes, y’know? My granny always told me, “when things go wrong, keep going right.” I never knew what exactly she meant by that, but to me it meant to keep doing your best even when things ain’t at their best. And that’s what we gotta do here. Tonight was bad, but there’s still good in it. I got to live my dream, I went out there and worked my ass off, and I got an assist for my country. Ain’t a lot of people that can say that.

[pause]

CRIMM: I see. Thank you.

GREER: Anytime. Think we got time for one more. [murmuring] Uh…there.

REPORTER: Hello, Jude. Logan Osborne, from the Washington Post. On a recent episode of his podcast, pundit Paul Merson has alleged that—

GREER: [interrupting] Nope, sorry, I was wrong, we’re out of time. Thanks, everyone.

[more murmuring, developing into widespread shouting]

[END OF TRANSCRIPT]

(910 words)

APPROVED @Metafiction - I tip my hat to the delightful fourth wall breaks here.
[Image: s7qRFFN.png]

CT #4
Player Page

Inverness Daily Exclusive Interview: Duncan Maxwell on His National Team Nomination

Inverness Daily: Duncan, congratulations on your recent nomination to the Scottish national team! How does it feel to recieve this honor?

Duncan Maxwell: Thank you! It's an incredible feeling. Being nominated for the national team is a dream come true. It's something I've worked towards my entire career, and to finally acheive it is both humbling and exhilarating.

Inverness Daily: You've had two standout seasons with SFV in the Simulation Soccer League. What do you think contributed most to your sucess there?

Duncan Maxwell: I think it's a combination of factors. My teammates and coaches at SFV have been incredibly supportive and have pushed me to improve every day. My focus has been on honing my defensive skills, understanding the game better, and maintaining peak physical condition. The consistent hard work and the enviroment at SFV have been key to my development.

Inverness Daily: Scotland has had its ups and downs in international football. How do you feel about joining the national team given this context?

Duncan Maxwell: Scotland has a rich football history, but it's true that we've faced challenges on the international stage. For me, joining the national team is about contributing to a new chapter. It's an opportunity to be part of a team that can hopefully bring about positive change and sucess. I see it as a chance to inspire and bring pride to our supporters.

Inverness Daily: What does it mean to you personally to represent Scotland at the international level?

Duncan Maxwell: It means everything to me. Growing up in a family that deeply values our Scottish heritage, this nomination is a significant milestone. My family has always supported me, and making them proud is one of my biggest motivations. Wearing the national jersey is an honor that I cherish, and I'm determined to give my best for my country.

Inverness Daily: Can you tell us about your family's reaction to your nomination?

Duncan Maxwell: They were absolutely thrilled! My family has been there for every step of my journey, from my early days kicking a ball around to now being nominated for the national team. Their support has been unwavering, and seeing their pride and happiness means the world to me. It's a moment we'll all remember.

Inverness Daily: What do you hope to bring to the national team, and what are your goals moving forward?

Duncan Maxwell: I hope to bring a strong defensive presence and leadership to the team. My goal is to help solidify our defense and contribute to the team's overall success. Moving forward, I want to continue developing as a player and hopefully play a part in Scotland acheiving greater success on the international stage. It's about taking it one game at a time and always striving to improve.

Inverness Daily: Thank you for your time, Duncan. We wish you all the best with the national team.

Duncan Maxwell: Thank you! I appreciate the support and look forward to making everyone proud.

APPROVED @Froste39 - Bonny good.
[Image: qCoEj3h.png]
Sig by Pandar