Forum Clock: 2024-07-04 11:04 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#4 Versatility [Now Open to S13 Players]
<a href='http://sslforums.com/index.php?showtopic=983&st=60#' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Career PT #3</a><br><a href='http://sslforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1492' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>(S4) Matthew Mayhem</a><br><br>SSL superstar defender Matthew Mayhem has a very unconventional training method that has shaped him into a more agile and aggressive soccer player. Seeking to elevate his game to new heights, Mayhem found himself in a parking lot in São Paulo training alongside a group of traveling circus performers one day, and hired the performers to become his full time trainers.<br><br>Intrigued by their exceptional acrobatic skills and graceful movements, Mayhem recognized the potential of incorporating their techniques into his own style of play. With the goal of enhancing his agility and unleashing a newfound aggression on the field, he immersed himself in their world, eager to learn.<br><br>Under the guidance of the circus performers, Mayhem underwent a rigorous training regime that pushed his physical and mental boundaries. He mastered intricate acrobatic maneuvers, learning to balance and control his body in ways he had never imagined. From somersaults and backflips to tightrope walking and trapeze stunts, every aspect of the circus arts became a valuable tool in his soccer arsenal.<br><br>Training with the Circus performers not only honed Mayhem's coordination and balance but also instilled in him a fearless mindset. As he watched the performers execute daring feats with unwavering confidence, he absorbed their fearlessness and translated it onto the soccer field.<br><br>As the seasons have passed, Mayhem's newfound agility and aggression have become more evident on the pitch. His opponents struggle to anticipate his movements as he effortlessly weaves through defenders and executed acrobatic leaps to clear the ball. He has transformed into an unstoppable force, combining the precision of a circus performer with the tenacity of a superstar defender.<br><br>Mayhem's training experience with the traveling circus performers in São Paulo has been nothing short of transformative. By embracing their unconventional techniques, he developed a unique playing style that set him apart from his peers. Mayhem's journey serves as a testament to the limitless possibilities that lie beyond traditional<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2750' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Player Profile</a><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=983&view=findpost&p=39923' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Last career point task</a><br><br>The offseason for Furious Chicken was one of training, after having a static season last season where the team mostly won the expected games, and lost the expected games as well, Chicken was thinking about how that could be improved, then it come to him, versatility. The team was pretty much forced to play a 4-3-3 or 4-2-4 as the team didn’t really have the players to play many other ways, but seeing the versatility of players like Sides, who manages to fill in the striker role, and the AMC role making the team capable of switching from 2 strikers, to 1 striker and a attacking midfielder, or even that season loaned away player Hunter Jones who mainly plays AMR but can also play AMC, and even SC if necessary let Furious Chicken know he needed to up his play, currently he was the most cookie cutter player, playing in both the wings, and as a rightback which were positions that were pretty well filled at Red Star Laos going into S10, so Chicken decided to train into the leftback position, in the hope that Chicken could play all 4 positions and would always be useful no matter with which formation Laos exactly played. This was the goal and together with veteran Mazrim Taim, Chicken decided to train at left back and slowly become better at it. Then he found out about the Laos loans going into S10, 1 of those loans being a leftback. So instead of training to become a leftback Chicken decided to improve his skills at being a winger, so in the future Chicken could be just as good at winging it as in playing right-back. Of course this would be a long process this far into his career, but he was sure that one day his effort would bear fruit and he would be a better player on the wings compared to the seasons past.<br><br>320 words<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

<a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1903' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Hol LeDiver Player Page</a><br><a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=983&view=findpost&p=29156' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>CPT #3</a><br><br>In much of Hol LeDiver’s career, he has worked on getting crosses over to teammates and getting those key tackles to help out the rest of the back line as well as his goaltender. This past off-season, LeDiver decided to put in a bit more effort in playing on the wing as he feels he’s already a very dominant player at center and some of the staff have indicated that long-term this would probably be best for the club. The coaching staff along with Roberto Scarpetta have recommended he head overseas and learn from a world class trainer named Giorgio Piedi. Giorgio has helped some famous Italian athletes break through their barriers in the past, but this will be the first time a man from Wales meets him in Milan for training.<br><br>Over the next several weeks, Giorgio pushed LeDiver past his limits, starting each morning with serious endurance training, often in the form of a five mile run. On the days it wasn’t a run, LeDiver maneuvered his way through an obstacle course on the field. LeDiver practiced his footwork with the ball, which had previously been very shoddy as his job has always been to just clear the ball any way he can. Everyday, he would juggle the ball by kicking it as high as possible and control it with his feet as it came down without letting it leave a six by six foot square. In the afternoons, Giorgio had him run crossing drills from each side of the field to help with his technique. He would pass the ball to LeDiver who would immediately try and cross it over some barriers to the top of a cone placed around the goal. LeDiver struggled immensely with this, but after the first month he finally stopped knocking the barriers over.<br><br>As he left Italy, LeDiver found a new found appreciation for the wingers on the field who have to run far more than he normally does and just seem to do so much more with and without the ball. He hopes that if he gets his chance to play on the wing that he can perform even better than he has in his current role at center back.<br><br><!--c1--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='CODE-WRAP'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->370 words<!--c2--></td></tr></table><!--ec2--><br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

<a href='http://sslforums.com/index.php?showtopic=983&view=findpost&p=44473' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Last Career PT</a><br><br>During the offseason, I, Patrick Carrigan the goalkeeper for the Romans, had a focus shift from the intense pressures of the field to the relentless pursuit of self-improvement. With the stadium's roar fading into memory, I immersed myself in a rigorous training regimen that would elevate my skills to new heights.<br><br>My days began at the crack of dawn, the sun casting a golden hue over the training ground. Core strength and agility became my obsessions. Endless hours were spent refining my footwork, honing my reflexes, and perfecting my diving techniques. The weight room became my sanctuary as I pushed myself through grueling workouts, building the physical resilience required to withstand the demands of the game.<br><br>But the offseason wasn't just about sweat and strain; it was a mental journey too. I poured over footage of my past performances, dissecting my strengths and identifying areas for growth. Visualization exercises became a nightly ritual, allowing me to step into the mind of the opposing strikers, predicting their moves before they even occurred.<br><br>Beyond the solitary grind, I sought collaborative opportunities. Friendly matches with fellow players, both within and outside my team, provided a chance to test my progress and adapt my strategies. I also engaged in mentorship sessions with experienced goalkeeping coaches, soaking in their wisdom like a sponge.<br><br>Amidst the training, I found moments of reflection. The quiet mornings on the field, the steady rhythm of my breath, and the thud of the ball against my gloves all became a symphony of dedication. The offseason was a time of transformation, a canvas on which I painted my aspirations and aspirations. And as the preseason approached, I felt the culmination of my efforts, the culmination of every save and every sacrifice.<br><br>Offseason training as a goalkeeper was more than physical conditioning; it was a holistic journey encompassing both mind and body. It was the foundation upon which my next season's performance would be built, a testament to my commitment to excellence in the beautiful game I loved.<br><br><span style='color:blue'><b>APPROVED</span></b>

Task #3

Muunokhoi Sarantsatsral's off-season morning trainer's diary. Each day, 20 minutes after his morning "tea", he faced 20 minutes of shots from whichever players were available, wherever he was.

DAY 1
Mushrooms: no doses, baselining.
[Muunokhoi's] Appearance: aloof, disinterested.
SV%: 70
Quote [from Muuno]: "20 minutes seemed to last forever. I wanted the shots to come at me more quickly."

DAY 2
Mushrooms: 1 dose
Appearance: inconsistently attentive, calm
SV%: 68
Quote: "I didn't feel relaxed enough. The ball's willpower was strong."

DAY 3
Mushrooms: 1.7 doses
Appearance: focused, calm
SV%: 66.7
Quote: "The ball curved in beautiful arcs. My mind's eye saw many of them before they happened and I welcomed the ball in my hands."

DAY 4
Mushrooms: 3.2 doses (*Friday)
Appearance: locked in, fluid
SV%: 71
Quote: "Each new shooter appeared behind the previous one as one carnivore follows its pack mate. Stopping one is stopping them all"

DAY 8
Mushrooms: 2.5 doses
Appearance: sluggish, weak
SV%: 54
Quote: "No more of my cousin's red lumpy mushrooms."

DAY 10
Mushrooms: 3.8 doses (*Friday)
Appearance: balletic, springy
SV%: 75
Quote: "The shooters are small and blue and three apples high. Their weakness moves the ball too little to score. The ball is my friend and betrays them."

DAY 11
Mushrooms: 4.5 doses (*Saturday)
Appearance: manic, superhuman
SV%: 77.7
Quote: "I AM GARGAMEL AND YOU ARE SLEEPY SMURF. YOU ARE ALL SLEEPY SMURF. YOUR MUSHROOM HOUSES BETRAY YOU AND TELL ME YOUR MOJO. BAAAAAAA.... [incoherent, possibly Mongolian]"

DAY 12
Mushrooms: 4.8 doses (*Sunday)
Appearance: like an electrocuted marionette
SV%: 72
Quote: "Jawohl! Ich bin der König der Schlümpfe! Der der der der der! Alles! Mach schnel, Apfelchen!"

DAY 13
Mushrooms:  0.5 doses
Appearance: distant, observant
SV%: 62
Quote: "My head hurts."

DAY 18
Mushrooms:  1.3 doses
Appearance: Locked in, quick.
SV%: 76
Quote: "While I was stopping the shots of these strange people, my mind flashed back to a memory of a village of people who lived in mushroom houses and played very bad soccer. I question your training methods."

On day 19, Muunokhoi's personal trainer was fired. He remembers the man looked blue at the news, his shoulders hunched 3 apples less high than before.

APPROVED

Player Page
Career PT #3

During the off season, Heather Bull can be found doing things she loves; Spending time with her friends, playing and writing music, and spending time training with her friends she's made during her time in the league! Playing and Writing music is o longer a big part of Heather's life like it used to be. She used to spend a lot of time on the road and in tour busses with her bandmates, playing live music and lots of time in the recording studio. Fortunately for Heather, she's able to spend time in her personal studio in her home where she can relax and unwind after a long season of soccer and unleash her creative side. Writing music has always been a creative output for Bull but recently she is applying her creativity elsewhere like during her games in the SSL. When Bull is on the soccer pitch, she plays with a rhythm. Every step goes to a beat in her mind. Every tackle and kick are verses and the cheers from the crowd whether goals are scored or anything worth cheering for is the chorus. The soccer field is her new stage.

Besides the creative aspect, Bull also spend time training with all the athletes she's met over her time with the SSL and ones she met while she was touring. They train together and work on fitness, go on hikes and build up stamina and share stories about their experiences throughout their career. Bull being from a different background is a breath of fresh air for some of the players so they enjoy having her around and she takes advantage of the opportunites they give her as she applies their experiences and stories to her own game. Other than that you can find Bull at the stadium, the gym, or her house, playing her Fender bass while trying to bounce a soccer ball on her head.

APPROVED @CapnCooper - keep on rocking! (One day, I'm hoping Heather will post bass-and-vocals AUDIO for a career task. Alas fictional universes.)

https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/showt...9#pid61939- Task 3

My player has trained a lot of cardio during the offseason. All I have done is run and jump and focus on making my legs even stronger. Wanting to have better endurance and speed than anyone else. If I can be physically better than anyone then I will be able to compete against anyone I go against no matter how good of a defender they are I may be able to just out class them and not give them a chance. With this I am able to also create my own shots that way without needing a ton of help that way either. I wanna be able to out pace any defender that I need to. I am excited to do this type of training to see how far I can push myself and what my limits are there. I am also happy to be able to show my difference on the pitch with the season to come. It will be a huge visual difference when shown. I am going to be able to jump a lot higher as well. Before I was never known for my jumping and heading despite my height and speed. Being able to add in the vertically to my game gives me an opportunity to score and create goals in a whole other way than I thought was possible before. Being able to never let the defender be able to take a break with always being scared of what I may do. Training with the top sport athlete in other sports like distance runners for stamina and sprinters to try and get as fast as what they are doing. If I can train like them I can also get fast like they are doing and making the difference will set me apart from the other strikers out there. Knwoing I can be faster and higher than the others will give me the supreme confidence I need in the end. bluelock.

APPROVED @jj2416 Thanks for adding the player page link.

https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/showt...068-Player Page

Jude Greer Player Page
Career Task 1: Biography
Career Task 2: Rookie Season
Career Task 3: Media Day

Somewhere on the misty outskirts of Cardiff, a faint drizzle cast itself over the landscape as a heavily-coated figure walked up to a quaint little house. To those not in the know, it seemed like an unassuming little abode, albeit one with an incongruously-located miniature golf course and soccer goalpost peeking out from the backyard. For the figure, though, it represented a potential turning point in his career.

Steeling himself, the figure reached out and knocked on the door. There was a tense pause, but eventually the door creaked open, and from inside, a man in his mid-thirties peered out at the stranger. “Can I help you?” the man asked, a Welsh lilt just breaking through his otherwise refined accent as his topknot wobbled a bit in confusion.

“Yeah, uh…are you Gareth Bale?” the coated figure asked.

The man, confused, nodded.

“Aw, great,” said the figure, who took down the hood on his coat to reveal his face as he shook out his long hair. “I’m Jude Greer, Tokyo SC, it’s great to meet you. I’m a big fan--”

“Sorry, I’m not doing autographs, thanks,” Bale cut in, trying to close the door on the uninvited guest.

“Waitwaitwait-” Jude tried to reach out to stop the door, but failed to catch it before it slammed in his face. An awkward silence fell for a moment, but was swiftly broken by Greer once again knocking on the door. The man again answered the door, this time visibly annoyed.

“Listen, fella, if you don’t get off my porch, I’m calling the police,” Bale said, tensing up.

“Mr. Bale, please, I promise i ain’t here for an autograph,” Greer replied, panic seeping into his voice. “I just…see, I’m playing for Tokyo in the SSL, I’m a left back, left winger, left everything, I just…”

“Forget it, brother,” Bale interrupted again. “I’m retired, I’ve got my own projects to deal with, and most importantly I’ve got a tee time with Harry Kane this afternoon. Now if you’d be so kind…”

“Please, Mr. Bale.” Greer fumbled for the words for a moment. “I’m trying to get better at this game, and I wanted to learn from the best, and…you’re the first person I thought of. I know this ain’t exactly orthodox, but…I just want to learn how to be a better winger. I mean, we just won the cup ‘n all, but I can always get better, right? And-and I’ve been watching you play for years, and I know I can really make a difference on the left--left wing, left back, left wingback, wherever. I want to be ready if they ever need to move me forward, and I figured you’d know the secret, ‘cause…well, ‘cause you did it.”

An uneasy silence fell as Bale studied Greer intensely for a few moments. At last, the Welshman’s face lit up with recognition. “Hang on,” he said. “You’re that guy Paul Merson’s always slagging off, right?” Greer hesitated, before nodding, at which Bale seemed to swear under his breath. “Fine,” Bale said, resigned. “Wait here.”

A few minutes later, Greer was running drills in the backyard in front of the goalposts. Bale watched on as the diminutive fullback ran shuttles, darted in and out of cones laid out on the minigolf course, burst in front of goal and struck balls into the net. Every exercise targeted Greer’s lower body, training him to react quicker and get off the mark faster. The silence in the foggy Welsh air was occasionally broken by Bale’s feedback--sometimes positive, sometimes negative, always informative. By the end of the two-hour session, Greer was lying on the grass, sore in places he didn’t know he had muscles.

“Not bad,” he heard the Welshman say. “But you’ve still got room for improvement. You need that burst into the final third.” Greer pulled himself into a sitting position as Bale continued. “And now I’ll be late for tee time, meaning I owe Harry a beer, so thanks for that.” Bale shook his head. “Ah well. Come back next week, we’ll go again.”

“Next week?” Greer repeated as he picked himself off the ground, not entirely sure he’d heard correctly. “I-I mean…thanks, Mr. Bale. I really can’t thank you enough. I know I was asking a lot, but I already feel so much quicker.” He thought for a moment. “Hey, uh…if you don’t mind me askin’, what made you change your mind?”

Bale chuckled a bit. “Well, ‘s Paul Merson, innit? Any chance to show up that bag of wind is good as gold in my book.”

Greer laughed along. He couldn’t have agreed more.

(768 words)

APPROVED @Metafiction - my favourite career task I've yet to grade.
[Image: s7qRFFN.png]

Career Task #3
Player Page

Normally looking to return for a long break back to China for the offseason, Wang Zhihao spent his first off season staying mostly in Montreal for the sake of working on their ability to start playing forward. Montreal lacked depth at the position, and Schwarzwälder would soon be in a similar position. At first Zhihao was uncertain about taking the time to learn a new role, as playing in central midfield had been what carried his career to success so far. However, the young Chinese player was willing to play anywhere the team needed, and with the trust of his coaches, accepted to take on this new role as best as possible.

Zhihao was able to get from several teammates in the off season to help adapt to this change. First and foremost was Muunokhoi Sarantsatsral, his teammate from Team Asiania (Greater Mongolia) back in the World Football Classic. With such a talented goalie helping out, Zhihao was happy to add a few conditions to make things more worthwhile for the Schwarzwälder goalkeeper. Any shot he saved, he could throw the ball as far as he wanted to have Zhihao go chase it down. Alternatively, he could throw the ball directly at Zhihao to force him to better trap the ball (or simply slam him with the ball to make him work harder.) For hours after regular training Zhihao practiced shooting, trapping, and dribbling to score on Muuno, spending most of the time being hit by the ball or chasing them down.

Lastly he managed to get help from two Montreal teammates in Clara Schmidt and Erik Beermann. Clara would send in passes, and Zhihao would need to win them either in the air or on the ground against the defensive midfielder. Even worse than getting pelted by the ball from Muuno’s throws, Zhihao hit the dirt many times trying to control those perfectly placed passes and crosses from Schmidt, as Beermann continued to tackle, intercept, and sometimes foul the young Chinese go-getter.

It was a long off-season, but hopefully it would pay off in time for Montreal’s next season.

APPROVED @Puppy - lovely to see the teammates make cameos.

CPT #1

CPT #2

CPT #3

Player Page

[Image: jcgdtrain.png]

SSL Media sat down with Reykjavik's Attacking Midfielder, Jean-Claude Goddamn recently to discuss how he prepares for the SSL season, as well as on a week to week basis. He is a very busy man, with his Professional Football career and his promotional work for Stella Artois beer, so we appreciate his time.

SSLM : Hello Jean-Claude. Thanks for making time in your hectic schedule.

JCGD : It's a pleasure. I'm happy for the opportunity to chat to you today. I'm a man of the people.

SSLM : Umm, well yes. Let's start with some easy questions. What does your usual training day look like?

JCGD : Well for home games we are usually at the training facility around 2.30pm and leaving at 7.30pm at the completion. Training gradually increases during the week but the day before the game it is more tactical work, rather than hard physical training, which increases the risk of injury. Some players go to the physio to get a pre-training rubdown, but I don't like a guys hands all over me. 

SSLM : So you don't get a rubdown, but you do warm up right?

JCGD : Of course. I'm not an idiot. I’ll spend 30 - 40 minutes in the gym before hitting the ground. This won’t be with weights, it's more stretching and ensuring I feel right and making sure my ankles and joints are loose before I put my boots on and go to train outside for an hour and a half. I also do yoga and stretching at home. 

SSLM : Smart. It's good to be keeping yourself ready. Do you have any training drills that you would recommend to young players looking to be their best?

JCGD : Well, I really enjoy 1 vs 1 against the best player, in my case a defender. Get them to run at you. I have LeDiver, Scarpetta and even Rashford so any of them are going to be tough to face. Going against tough opposition at training means that on game day I’ll already know that whoever I’m playing against is not likely to be as good as those guys. I'm not saying that there aren't great players on the opposition teams, but I really believe in my guys.

SSLM : Of course. Those players are all excellent. What do you think is the worst kind of training?

JCGD : Well, like many players, I don’t like pre-season that much. I prefer to play football because I’m not great at running without the ball, HaHa. I think it's more that the change in training intensity from working out on your own before pre-season officially starts, to the club staff running you into the ground in the first few sessions, is quite a shock to the system.

SSLM : Finally, how do you stay motivated from season to season?

JCGD : Well, the competition has brought the best out of me, so that’s the way I need to train. If it’s not competitive then I find it hard to motivate myself. Motivation is competition, not wanting to lose and wanting to win everything. No matter what it is – even if the other person doesn’t know it – I’m keeping score of what’s going on no matter what. I have an opportunity that so many people would love to have, so I need to put in 100% every day, every week, every season. Like my favorite quote says, "Hard work beats talent, when talents fails to work hard."

SSLM : Well thanks Jean-Claude. That's all the questions we have today. 

JCGD : Thanks to you as well. 
APPROVED @BUM® - Maybe a rubdown from a nice fluffy kitten?
[Image: jcgdreyk500.png]