Forum Clock: 2024-09-20 02:21 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Rookie Season [Now Open to S17 Players]
Player Page
career PT 1

For a boy who started from the trenches growing up and lived in brazil's largest favela, Rocinha, Neymarinho had immense hunger. His hunger was so bad that no matter what he did, it was never enough. As scouts picked up on his raw talent in Brazil and flew him to Atletico, Neymarinho had his sights on big things. He wanted to show the world, who he is and that he will be the next star of SSL. Neymarinho began his career for Atletico Medellin and the boy did not disappoint. He amassed 6 goals and 6 assists in 15 games. The boy also have a game rating over 7 at 7.37. You may ask what these stats mean, and I will be glad to explain. Neymarinho is a raw winger with lots of hidden  potential. As a boy who never previously played on a team basis, this was his first attempt at that. Imagine putting up his stats in your first actual big game. This is actually crazy for the young Brazilian. As a lam, you would expect the passes but putting up 6 goals is star level for someone that is not a striker. He also has 82.8% pass rate, which will only get better as he flourishes. What is not talked enough is his tackling. The boy is no box to box midfielder or defender but he can sure tackle. It must come from his never ending hunger since he has an 80% tackle rate as a lam. This is freaking phenomenal as it shows he is not shy to go after the ball. He might become the next vidic as the man will put his face where others are afraid to put their legs. Now that the season is over, Neymarinho is ready to play for Northshore United under the wings of Rashford. We are confident that Neymarinho will be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

APPROVED @5oulja - serious progress!
[Image: RfQe0Ht.png]

Career PT #1
Player Page

And with the second pick of the first round Club de Futbol Catalunya / Seoul Mythic Football Club select, Ilya Prusikin from Victoria Falls Academy. "Wow, that's early for a late starter like me" Prusikin thought. But off to Spain or Korea we go! The defenseman had made a great impression during his academy season, where he even got chosen as a player of the week during one game, not bad for a defenseman. Rumors are that he would not have fallen much further with teams as Hollywood FC also looking to acquire his talent. So while he was drafted as a left wing back, he wouldn't play his rookie season on this side. There was a shortage of people on the right side for the organization and they asked if he would wanted to play right back instead, but in an attacking role atleast. Which is fine, as they wouldn't have the bodies for actual wingbacks. But that is something that can still come in the future of his career. So how does a left footed player suddenly become a player on the right side in his rookie career. Well, we luckily have some skilled doctors on this planet, so he had his left foot replaced with his right foot and vice versa, so his strong foot would remain the one where he could cross with. Due to this operation, he actually missed the first pre season game of the Seoul Mythic. But hopefully he is recovered on time for the second pre season game, or start of the regular season at the latest. People might think this operation will be a fluke, but Ilya Prusikin believes changing his strong foot to his other leg will be a success, as everything he touches has been a success in his life. We will have to see how this will turn out for his rookie season, but he is ready to become a mythical being in Seoul!

APPROVED @OrbitingDeath (TPE later today) - surgery fixes everything!

Career point task #1

Player page

Oh my what a rookie season it was for Kimi Häkkinen. Coming from the world of motor sports and his absolute domination, it was definitely a journey starting out a new sport that he had obviously dabbled in during his childhood but not ever taken really seriously. In some ways his rookie season was getting used to the pace of the league, his team mates and how to make himself learn and take the next step. In his rookie season, Kimi Häkkinen was playing for Inter London in the minor league. After some shuffle ups in the previous season, they were now the minor team affiliated with AC Romana. They had a good group of players with success under their belt, and Kimi felt that it was natural to join them. He bonded with them right away from the start of training camp and was ready to get his feet wet on the football pitch. He jumped right into the starting role on the left side of a three man attacking midfield unit which would support the striker. There were obviously some growing pains throughout the season, but at the end of it Kimi felt pretty happy with the way he had contributed. Looking at his statistics, he definitely played his part for Inter London, and chipped in with 4 goals and 4 assists although he definitely could improve his finishing as he finished with an xG of 6.63 and only 4 goals to show from that. What he lacked for finishing, he definitely made up for with the amount of ground that he covered, in total he kover over 215km over the seasons 14 games, he ran basically 5 marathons! There were only 5 players who covered more ground than him throughout the season. In addition his passing was great with a pass completion percentage of 88%, with many passes being difficult in the final third. Overall I have to say, a good way to start out a career!

APPROVED and APPLIED @Murtsi ! I want to get to the story of the MVP season!

Fernand Rivest - Player Page

After the Tokyo S.C. / Cairo City organization decided to trust rising goaltender Fernand Rivest with their 4th overall selection in the season 16 draft, the latter knew he had his work cut out, that he needed to actually start giving a crap to begin repayment of all that faith in his abilities. With a lot to do in terms of rebuilding what used to be a powerhouse of the SSL, Fern took stock of the challenge ahead, and knew he was in for a challenging season. So far, Rivest has proven to be a bright spot in an otherwise pretty average season, which to be fair was expected. Despite a losing record of 5-1-6, Fernand sits third in average game rating at 6.91, holding strong for the pyramids with a 73.17 save percentage, good for second and limiting his opponents to only 22 goals conceded, which is tied for second in the league as well. All in all, 50 saves were made by our main man over a period of 12 games. On the training pitch, Fern had a slow start, really only showing up initially, having a hard time to adjust to this new lifestyle and the job requirements, showing little improvement early on. He unleashed at some point, really making massive strides in his development, especially on the mental side of things, showing a great deal of composure and concentration, much more than early on. On the technical side, his first touch greatly improved, offering a great outlet for his defense, whilst also having a much sounder distribution. This has propulsed Fernand and is setting him up for much more success moving forward.

Also to note, over 12 games, Fernand had to face only one penalty shot, which he brilliantly saved to keep his team in the game. Data would show that this shot was the hardest recorded over the season in terms of xGF, what a showing for the old man!

APPROVED and APPLIED @Frenchie - it's lonely starting a career as a keeper, but it gets awesome.

CPT #1

Mikko was elated.  It was finally time to show his father all the hard work he had put in, and wow did his show up.  Mikko would go on to set the Academy record for most goals by a player during their time there.  When all was said and done, 22 goals in 15 appearances for the young striker posted to try and do what his father couldn't.  Now, he doesn't think his dad failed, his Father was simply tasked to be a different style of player.

Mikko would finish the season as the only academy player to finish above an 8.0 rating (not too uncommon for a striker averaging more than a goal per game).  He attributed his success to his teammates though, as fellow academy standout Hercules (@Wiggli) would go on to be selected 2nd Overall in the Prospect Draft, a well deserved place for a prospect destined for great things.

Rashford II was also happy to have contributed 3 assists on the season as well.  The very undersized striker found a way to be a hard player to mark for some of the opposing defenders who felt his small size was going to hurt his production.  During the off-season, Rashford II has been working hard to develop some of the physical attributes, notably his vertical as it was considered a downside of his game in previous seasons.  Only time is going to tel if his height is an issue at the Minor/Major level of play.

Lastly, Mikko just wants to thank everyone within the Reykjavik / North Shore organization for putting faith in him, handing him the starting striker role for North Shore as they enter the S17 season.  He'll be surrounded by some fantastic talent, with CAS UAL moving to Attacking Mid, and S16 standout Neymarinho slotting in again as an Attacking Winger

APPROVED and APPLIED @RashfordU - sounds like exactly why North Shore keeps on dominating.
[Image: Mikko-Rashford-Sig.gif]

Career Point Task #1

“Very eeeeenteresting.” Hercule curled his mustache as he pored over the stats from this first season.

“203.8 km – quite good. Hmmmm, yes. That is key.” The Belgian was pleased with the distance he covered from his central midfield role. A good detective covers a lot of ground, leaving no stone unturned to solve their mystery.

“60 shots, 16 on target. No, no, no that will not do.” Hefeweizen shook his head side to side, still curling his mustache. His favorite detectives did not take aimless shots in the dark, they only offered an answer when they had reasonably high confidence it would connect.

“701 passes, 86.73% completed.” Hercule cocked his head pensively as he pondered his passes, “Much better than an aimless shot.” The midfielder concluded with an assenting nod. Good detectives bounce ideas off their collaborators attempting to unlock the mystery they are trying to solve.

“61 headers!” His eyes opened wide, then narrowed as he furrowed his brow, “only 2 of them ‘key’”. Clearly a good detective uses their noggin. But perhaps the young academy player was banging his head against the wrong sorts of problems.

“29 key passes, 12 chances created, 8 assists.” The magnitude of Hefeweizen’s head nods grew as he looked over these playmaking stats, so much so that he had to (briefly) stop twirling his mustache. These stats were his proudest accomplishments. They were the clearest expression of that Eureka! moment when a breakthrough discovery is made cracking open the case.

The Belgian allowed himself a moment to reflect on his season in total. He was quite proud of his accomplishments in his first season. He had shown promise in a number of activities on this pitch, there were things to work on yes, but he felt like he had a solid footing to work from. And his abilities had caught the eye of the Club de Futbol Catalunya organization. Drafted second overall there were whispers he might be thrust immediately into the majors squad.

Hefeweizen’s head was cocked again, and his fingers nervously began to twist his facial hair. How much of this success was due to the fact many of his passes were directed at the league’s leading goal scorer and supreme finisher Mikko Rashford II? Would he find the same success with his new team? How would he matchup with the best players in the world? Hercule was excited to find out.

Career Task 1

I was a late bloomer, as some would say. I was accepted into Stockholm IK’s academy team, six games into their season. They were already winning matches with their current keeper, but a weird injury gave me an opportunity of a lifetime. Upon arriving at the academy, I could tell that I had found my calling. 9 matches later, with an okay 4-4-1 record, I was now being scouted for the SSL draft! Almost every scout I talked to told me the same thing, “Are you mentally capable of handling a loss?” At first I was insulted, but I quickly came around to the idea that maybe I need to work on my mental health a bit and find healthy ways to deal with problems.
The draft comes around and I hear my name called, in the 2nd round! Schwarzwälder FV must have liked what they heard from me because they picked me at 11th overall! Everything after that went by so fast, I have a hard time remembering every detail. They laid out a plan for my development in their system, they assigned a trainer to me, and they wanted to put me in action right away with their minor affiliate, Montreal United.
My rookie season with Montreal had its ups and downs, mainly ups, but it felt great to put that kit on every day. Appearing in all 14 league matches, and 3 cup matches, Montreal United was able to secure 2nd place in the minor league! Personally, I wanted to be better overall but I  gave it my all to stop everything coming my way. I ended up with a 64.81% save percentage, good enough for third in the league. The biggest thing I did, at least in my own head, is figure out how to mentally get in the game and stay in the game. One of the keeper trainers gave me solid advice and I stuck with it. So yeah, I did concede a few too many goals in the first half of the season, but I feel like in the second half I had figured it all out. Going 8-5-1 my rookie season is not a bad thing either. I now know how tough it is to be a keeper in this league, even in the minors. With my rookie season now completed I look forward to next season. I already know my floor, let's find my ceiling.

[405]

Career PT#1

Roquefort Cotswold was accepted onto the Sydney City Kangaroos just before the season kickoff. With him he brought two dear friends, Yoma Hashimoto from Japan and Nerve De Groot, the Dutch sniper. The trio split across the middle of the field, all participating in the teams attack and ball movement. Built for speed, agility, and aggression - Roquefort had a successful season. In 15 appearances he had an impressive 8 goals and 2 assists. He was aggressive, with 35 shots across the season. 

Perhaps his greatest asset to his team was his work ethic. Roquefort did not tire. He ran up and down the field with no mercy for his own joints, finishing third across the entire academy for most distance run. 

Above all else, however, was his connection to his teammates. The Sydney squad turned up the fire over the course of the season, with their players playing as one contingent unit rather than stat hungry individuals. We spread the ball out, fed eachother, and made play after play. Roquefort will never forget the players he got to meet and share the field with within the academy, and he hopes to have the opportunity to play with and against them further in the big leagues. 

Going into the draft, Mr. Cotswold had low expectations. He was a little demanding, looking to end up on the same team as two of his Roo compatriots, and he didn't expect any teams to want to tackle such a challenging prospect with draft capital so limited. Despite that, he attracted attention from 5/8 of the clubs. For whatever reason, Sao Paulo was bold enough to pick Roquefort in the first round. They followed up by picking fellow Sydney Star Yoma Hashimoto in the second, and later made a post draft trade to acquire De Groot. With the trifecta once again reunited, Roquefort cannot wait to start playing for the Brazilian team and eagerly anticipates their first game together. 

Code:
325 Words