2026-09-27, 11:35 PM - Word count:
North Shore Reporter: "Swiss, for the past 7 matches in a row, you've allowed at least 4 goals per game. Can you explain to us what may be going wrong?"
Swiss Cheese: "Well, as we all know, this is a very young team, right? We've got a bunch of rookies, myself included, and a couple of second-year players too, so it's safe to say that development at this stage is crucial for our long-term future. And development doesn't just have to come from training and coaches either, you know? A big part of that is your teammates finding ways to challenge you and push you to reach for new heights. I consider myself to be a very good, thoughtful teammate, so I wanted to be a part of this process in whatever way I can for my team, and I found what I think is a pretty effective one. You see, when I allow 4 goals every game, that really keeps the sense of urgency and pressure high for us at all times throughout our matches, and you know what they say: pressure forges diamonds. Imagine if we entered every halftime with a 1-0 lead instead of a 0-3 deficit? The environment would be way more relaxed and complacent, and complacency is the enemy of growth. The strategy hasn't quite come together yet, as we've badly lost all 7 of those matches you mentioned, but I still believe in the idea behind it. I think all of us young players here in North Shore are gonna come out the other side of this as diamonds. Uh, metaphorically, I mean. I don't think actual diamonds would be very good at soccer."
North Shore Reporter: "That's... really the reason why? You have a -8.15 XG prevented, and you're saying it's for motivational reasons? Do you really want this on the record because on the field you sure look like you've just been failing to-
Swiss Cheese: "Uhh nope! That's d-definitely the reason, no need to look any further into my play thus far or any silly stats like that. Also, I know we just started this interview, but it looks like I can take no further questions today. I really need to handle the urgent matter of, um... picking up my vacuum cleaner from the repair store before they close. Have a nice evening.
With a brief handshake, a very anxious-looking Swiss Cheese then bolted out of the building faster than they've ever moved in the net. Whether this... highly suspect explanation is actually true or not, North Shore fans can only hope that Swiss considers some updates to their motivational "strategy" going forward.
Swiss Cheese: "Well, as we all know, this is a very young team, right? We've got a bunch of rookies, myself included, and a couple of second-year players too, so it's safe to say that development at this stage is crucial for our long-term future. And development doesn't just have to come from training and coaches either, you know? A big part of that is your teammates finding ways to challenge you and push you to reach for new heights. I consider myself to be a very good, thoughtful teammate, so I wanted to be a part of this process in whatever way I can for my team, and I found what I think is a pretty effective one. You see, when I allow 4 goals every game, that really keeps the sense of urgency and pressure high for us at all times throughout our matches, and you know what they say: pressure forges diamonds. Imagine if we entered every halftime with a 1-0 lead instead of a 0-3 deficit? The environment would be way more relaxed and complacent, and complacency is the enemy of growth. The strategy hasn't quite come together yet, as we've badly lost all 7 of those matches you mentioned, but I still believe in the idea behind it. I think all of us young players here in North Shore are gonna come out the other side of this as diamonds. Uh, metaphorically, I mean. I don't think actual diamonds would be very good at soccer."
North Shore Reporter: "That's... really the reason why? You have a -8.15 XG prevented, and you're saying it's for motivational reasons? Do you really want this on the record because on the field you sure look like you've just been failing to-
Swiss Cheese: "Uhh nope! That's d-definitely the reason, no need to look any further into my play thus far or any silly stats like that. Also, I know we just started this interview, but it looks like I can take no further questions today. I really need to handle the urgent matter of, um... picking up my vacuum cleaner from the repair store before they close. Have a nice evening.
With a brief handshake, a very anxious-looking Swiss Cheese then bolted out of the building faster than they've ever moved in the net. Whether this... highly suspect explanation is actually true or not, North Shore fans can only hope that Swiss considers some updates to their motivational "strategy" going forward.
