Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 09:54 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borey Barflett's Declaration
My journey as the leagues shortest goalkeeper has not gone well my rookie season. I have enjoyed my time at Cairo and get along well with my teammates, but it seems my genetics is holding me back from my true potential. I have been the worst goalkeeper this league has seen. With only one win to our name, I can’t help but wonder how many games I have thrown just because I cannot keep the ball out of the net. I have been intimidated, pushed around, stomped on, and kicked by the opposing team. I am not a goalkeeper worthy of respect or acknowledgement. I wanted to be the best ball handler I could be, but it has not worked out the way I wanted.

But this stops today. This self-pitying behavior has gotten me this far. Being loser is not in my DNA! Statistics do not define me or the way I play the game of football because I am not a footballer. I AM A HANDBALLER! I will jump higher than these 7-foot beasts! I will spit in the face of these demeaning chip shots that these terrible strikers try against me! I will not let a single near post goal come in! I will net let a single direct free kick in. I will not let any corner balls even get within the box because I will be there. Where you least expect I will be.

I am doubling my hours on the training field. I will eat sleep and die with a soccer ball in my hands. Every single one of you forwards will fear me and my name. Next season is my turn around season. You will all bear witness to my genius play. My new nickname will be Short Keeper King or something else I haven’t gotten that far yet and that nickname kind of sucks.