Forum Clock: 2024-08-04 03:42 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Get a Win
So this season has definitely been a struggle for us but we did have some success against Athênai F.C. While they outplayed us, sometimes you just need a little grit and determination to squeeze out a win. I have been playing a lot of defense lately, which I enjoy, and I had my work cut out for me that day. Once we scored I was just determined to not make any mistakes the rest of the match. Even if I was just bogging it up the pitch to get it clear, that's what I did. I had a few key blocks and of course our keeper put on a master performance. They threw everything at us, even a kitchen sink, but we wouldn't be denied. Spirits were high after the 1-0 win but those good times have been few and far between.

Now I'm just trying to keep everyone motivated, and it's clear that we are a team that needs a lot of work. I'll do my part and encourage any newcomers to do the same.

I wouldn't call the season a wash as there is still a lot of game to be played and I think we can still learn a few things about ourselves going forward. I'd say we will be a force in a few seasons but I'm determined to play my best now. I think as long as we give it all, day in and day out, even if our talent isn't yet on part with some of the bigger clubs, we can be satisfied. If we put in maximum effort and still don't come out on top, there's no shame there. I'm definitely enjoying this season for what it is and looking forward to the future. We're just getting started really.