Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 10:36 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fevered Dream - Theme Week
Fevered Dream - Theme Week
Spack Jarrow's Journey: Entry #4

I love my time in Hollywood. I've made myself quite at home here in Los Angeles and wouldn't change anything. However if a situation arose that forced me to take control of an expansion team then the obvious choice would be to return home and bring a team to the island of Tortuga.

The "city name" for the team is a tough one. I want to represent my home with the name "Tortuga" but there are only around 30,000 people there and that isn't a very large population. So I might want to consider using "Caribbean Islands" to include all the neighbouring nations. I think we just go "Caribbean" without the island word mark, a more succinct name.

Now club name. Do we want an additional name like Seoul did with "Mythic"? Something like "Caribbean Fortune"? Not bad but I don't think so. We can't go with "Caribbean United" as that just sounds like a political revolution. We could go with the standard "Caribbean Football Club" but then our abbreviation is going to be super confusing with the other "C" named teams. So instead I think something more unique here like "Caribbean Football Association". Or "Caribbean FA" for short.

Colours are going to be bright and vibrant. Primary is maybe a powder blue. With a burnt orange secondary. Gold for the third colour with white piping. Inspiration would come from the various colours of the Caribbean nations and have a unique flare to them.

The team motto would be "Celebrate Caribbean Style" and the atmosphere we would try and foster would be one of exuberance and joyful participation with a party or celebration vibe. The stadium would be filled with local dancers and musicians and the crowd would be people from all the neighbouring nations all celebrating as one. I would like it to have a "carnival" feel to it.

Ultimately I am not sure how successful the team would be on the pitch. The goal wasn't to create the most popular or make a team in a place all the free agents would sign. There are many nice locations in the league and I feel like Tortuga would be amongst the best but I am biased. Either way, to be able to play this sport in front of my hometown people?

That would be a dream.

----------------------------------------------------

Name: Caribbean Football Association
Short: Caribbean FA
Abbreviation: CFA
Colours: Blue (powder), Orange (burnt), Yellow (gold), White

[ 403 words ]
[Image: 5AfrEy1.png]