Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 23:34 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THEME WEEK - New York Soccer Club
I've thought long and hard about this expansion project, but in the end it will probably be underwhelming. Here it is. I wanted to find a team that would make geographical sense and open up potential rivalries. I took a look at the current teams and I saw a lot of big cities, but I couldn't see the biggest city in the world and that's where I'd put my expansion team: New York City. My original choice was Quebec City since it's my hometown, but a team in New York could also have a rivalry with Montreal due to the geographic proximity, as Montreal is pretty isolated from the current teams. It could also start a rivalry with Hollywood for the United States supremacy. These two rivalries are a given, but I could also see New York entering a rivalry with London as two of the biggest cities in the world.

As for the team color, I could see a color scheme similar to the Brooklyn Nets with black and white the dominant colors. However, the SSL teams are so colorful that i'd add a touch of orange to make the kits pop a bit. Or perhaps neon green, I don't really know. At least i'd put a really bright color to contrast. It's a bit cheesy, but i'd see Apple sponsoring the team, you know Apple sponsoring the Big Apple team.

Obviously New York would be a super rich club and could afford the best players and they'd be play in a modern and gigantic stadium. Who knows if they'd fill the stadium, but the team would be swimming in sponsorship money so perhaps they wouldn't care.

This team has the potential to become the most hated SSL franchise by winning so many championships that people get sick of them. Did I just create a monster perhaps, but you can't deny that a team in New York makes sense on paper.

322 words