Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 11:07 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme Week - Expansion Teams
The Simulated Soccer League is growing rapidly as more and more teams try and find a spot with in this league. After the recent expansion the league saw teams like the Adowa Accra and AS Paris join. Meaning Europe was another team richer and Africa got a second team.

For this task I will be looking at what some interesting locations for a team would be for me.

The very first thing that was missing when I saw the map of clubs posted in the SHL was the clear lack of teams in South America. Specifically, Brazil. Now I know the league had a team there which got relocated, but I think it would only be logical for Brazil to get another expansion team. When it comes to footballing giants in Brazil the city of São Paulo produces a ton of great teams who have won many championships. While the boring, safe pick, a team in São Paulo would spice up the league. Bringing in a great rival for Club Atlético Buenos Aires.

You have a Canadian and an American team, but no Mexican team? Disgusting, let's put a team in Mexico. Mexico is about to host the World Cup for the 3rd time (With some help from the aforementioned countries). A soccer hungry nation who absolutely deserves a team. Solid options in Mexico, do you go Mexico City? Guadalajara? The options are endless really.

Northern and Western Africa have gotten some love already, but south Africa is lacking. While not normally a part of Africa to produce many talented squds, Zambia and South Africa usually have some solid showings. For this pick however I am going with the Island Nation of Madagascar. First of all, remember the Madagascar movies? Yeah. Antananarivo Lemurs anyone? Y'all ever drop the little yellow man in Madagascar in google maps? Shit is beautiful.

[309 words]