Forum Clock: 2024-10-05 02:59 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierre Houde Beats the Sophomore Slump
Pierre Houde had a really rough rookie season, leading the league in stats you usually don't want to lead, stuff like Errors leading to goals. It made me fear for the worse when the thought of a sophomore slump crossed my mind. Obviously it would be super rough for Pierre has a player, how bad could a player be ? Luckily for me and Cairo, Pierre has avoided the sophomore slump so far, playing much better this season than he did in the last, even though there is still room for improvement.

Now let's compare Pierre's stats with last season's to take a look at his improvement. Funnily enough, as I'm writing this, Pierre is at 20 appearances for both season. Back in S3, his average player rating was at 6.61, which is kinda middle of the road and not really good. This season, it's up to 6.9, which is kinda good, but still room for improvement. Pierre scored on a screamer last season and had a 0.72 xG and even though his goal wasn't as pretty this season he still found the back of the net on a set piece and added an assist, but the xG is down to 0.3, which is probably due to the fact there are more options up front this season. According to me, Pierre's biggest weakness was his decision-making and his passing. His passing percentage is up to 96.5% compared to last season's 94.6%. It's one of the best passing percentage in the league! He's also up to 84.5% in headers compared to last season's 78.6 %. He has also doubled his tackling percentage, which is insanely good, even though his tackling numbers are a bit low compared to other center backs. He also cut down the mistakes leading to goals to 0, which is more than welcomed.

Pierre Houde's improved play has been a contributing factor to Cairo City's improved performances this season, up in 8th place with 6 wins, compared to the abysmal S3, where they had only 2 wins. The future is only brighter, not only for Cairo, but for Pierre Houde.

350 words

houde is one of the most underrated guys in the league this season for sure