Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 05:24 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sitting or running?
I'm just going to admit that I don't have much time atm and say my whole plan with articles is shot and I'll just get back to things when I can.

Todays plan is to shoot something about runners and sitters. aka "why is DLP-S BBM the most basic and working midfield parring"

Now Modern thought perports that bigger numbers are better than smaller numbers, bold I know but hold on. We need someone to "shield" the defensive line in order to avoid the centerbacks from being burned by any matter of simple things attackers do in the final third to score goals. A 4-4-2 counter system is a really clear system that would exploit a system that doesn't have any virticle support for your defensive line. As an aside my inverted double pivot as well as a 3-4-3 system exploits this by overloading teams that think that just having one person back is enough for all situtions.

A deep lying playmaker in fm is so popular beacse it does so many things for a team while not expecting a lot for the player to work tactically for the team. You don't need to be a great passer, super physical, smart really at all,flair is kinda a dump stat to allow better players to shine. What it does is sit back(deep lying) from the attack in almost all situations in order to recycle posession (playmaker). Yes it can be considered a creator role but tactically you don't need it to create. Just sitting back as someone to take the ball and do something with it while in transison is a huge deal. Work rate even for this player isn't a need, they're already where they need to be and can just be there the whole game. What a DLP does NEED to be is to be technically sound, to receive the ball, to distribute the ball away, to keep the ball, and to break counters by being able to tackle or at least disrupt the other team in transison.

Runners run.

Okay but really just as long as they're not terrible at doing stuff with the ball just running fast, running often, and being a big hulking lad they're extremly difficult for teams to pick up on defence or break down on offence. Aparently some other managers don't think you should have a hulking BBM but I'm telling you a hulking young BBM and an old vet DLP will make every team go to that next level.